Refresh Activation on Bandlab Assistant NOT WORKING

Here's my situation:

I didn't know you have to refresh activation every 6 months but for some reason when I'm ALREADY logged into the bandlab website then open up cakewalk and I click on refresh activation it doesn't recognize that I'm already logged in to the bandlab website and demands me to login even though I'm already logged in.

I then tried to refresh activation via the bandlab assistant but it did absolutely NOTHING.

WHAT DO I DO?!

Cakewalk requires you to log in once if you choose to activate it from within Cakewalk. It does not know that you are logged in to the bandlab website since that is independent. Similar for BandLab assistant, you must log in from the app. Its the same for all applications like spotify etc - if you run a desktop app it needs to be authenticated independently.

Make sure you are running the latest version of CbB which is 2020.11.

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Cakewalk requires you to log in once if you choose to activate it from within Cakewalk. It does not know that you are logged in to the bandlab website since that is independent. Similar for BandLab assistant, you must log in from the app. Its the same for all applications like spotify etc - if you run a desktop app it needs to be authenticated independently.

How am I supposed to know my login when I use google to login to bandlab?  I'm logged into the Bandlab Assistant but when I click on refresh activation using the Bandlab Assistant nothing happens.

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Also I'm logged into bandlab assistant AND the website but cakewalk still wants me to login, how I'm I supposed to login when I use google to login to bandlab assistant and the website?!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Try this : close all programmes completely including Bandlab and especially any browsers. 

Open CbB and go into the help menu, choose Sign into Bandlab/ Activate and a small window should pop up. Use that to sign into Your Bandlab account and that should activate CbB.

Thank you very much for your answer Jeremy. My problem now appears to be resolved. I'm not sure what worked as I did several things. But I believe it was by removing the taskbar shortcut (which I used to open Cakewalk) and opening the software with the shortcut from the last update. I never had to do this in previous updates.
Thanks again. Kind regards, Hub

PS: I would like to take advantage of this answer to ask if anyone knows what "Update Local Help" is which is offered to me in the small blue window at the bottom right of Cakewalk? I'm hesitant to install it, for fear of having new problems.

Capture 2 .JPG

2 hours ago, Hubert Rousset said:
2 hours ago, Hubert Rousset said:

PS: I would like to take advantage of this answer to ask if anyone knows what "Update Local Help" is which is offered to me in the small blue window at the bottom right of Cakewalk? I'm hesitant to install it, for fear of having new problems.

It installs a compiled help file (chm), no big deal