Trouble opening MIDI FILE

Darryn

Question

HEY ALL

I hope someone can help me with this. I'm using a SUZUKI, MDG 100 to record. I then save the pieces to a memory card and insert the memory card into the computer to edit and export as wave files. I have had no success getting the keyboard directly plugged into the laptop. My laptop is an HP, not sure of the model, but I think it has a celeron processor.

So, the first few times I tried opening files after recording, I got an error message stating, "CANNOT READ FILE." I re-recorded the music and saved again, without changing any settings on the keyboard, and the file opened and I haven't experienced a problem again until last week, when it happened again.

I recorded 5 pieces. the 4th one opened and the others gave me the same  error. I managed to open the others in safe mode, but the TTS-1 track was not there. I opened an existing project  with the TTS-1 track and copied and pasted the MIDI data into the MIDI Tracks and it worked but the sound quality was poorer than the projects I opened without this glitch. 

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Regards

Darryn

1 answer to this question

You need to export the material as a midi file, not a wave file, if you want to open it as a midi file. You can open a wave file by choosing the option "import wave file" in the File menus.

Midi files are of two types, 0 and 1. The first will put all tracks on one new track when you open it in Cakewalk. The second will preserve the independence of the various tracks