track1_smjz

Hidden Symmetry

9 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Yes thats good, open up a bottle of wine with this one, and not a cheap one either .

Thanks Paul, I'm into vintage port myself!

7 hours ago, freddy j said:

A nice breezy, jazzy feel to this song.  That shared lead sounds great.  Good one!

Thanks freddy!

5 hours ago, jack c. said:

your song titles are interesting.nice chord changes.man ya are the king of those big jazz chords.great recording job!!!!!!!!!these guys ya have playing your stuff are top notch.jack c.

Thanks jack, yeah I'm very fortunate to have these guys work on my tunes. Song titles are sometimes just the project file names.

Really great as always, lots of cool things going on and great playing.  I do feel like the drums dominate to much, don't know if its the frequency or the volume but I feel like I want to focus on the amazing melodies and players but I can't ignore the drums. 

2 hours ago, kurt soderquist said:

Really great as always, lots of cool things going on and great playing.  I do feel like the drums dominate to much, don't know if its the frequency or the volume but I feel like I want to focus on the amazing melodies and players but I can't ignore the drums. 

I'll check it out, the snare is slamming on this track & my ears might be fatigued from working on it.. I haven't checked it on different systems yet, only my monitors. I like mixing on my mono mixcube too, on that the main instruments / melody's are on top . Thanks for the feedback, it's helpful.

Thanks for the feedback, always

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Would I be right in detecting some 5th's in that opening chord progression, as ever nice easy on the ears Jazz from you @Hidden Symmetry.

Thanks Wookiee!

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

20 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I like mixing on my mono mixcube too, on that the main instruments / melody's are on top.

I have mixcubes...  but struggle to stay with them.
I will try and do a full mix on them soon.

Your snare really bites on the cubes,,  but the total mix sounds great on them.
That bass is really going for it!!

I really love that heavy, driving snare and different instruments playing the same melody line - very neat. Piano mixed maybe a little left in my Sony cans but it's not too out of place. Some very cool chops on show here (love that Hammond btw). Andy

2 hours ago, garybrun said:

I have mixcubes...  but struggle to stay with them.
I will try and do a full mix on them soon.

Your snare really bites on the cubes,,  but the total mix sounds great on them.
That bass is really going for it!!

Thanks Gary, I really like mixing on it ( I have single/ mono) I was thinking about doing a mono album release one day too. 

2 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

I really love that heavy, driving snare and different instruments playing the same melody line - very neat. Piano mixed maybe a little left in my Sony cans but it's not too out of place. Some very cool chops on show here (love that Hammond btw). Andy

Thanks Andy, I'm still tweaking along the way..I pan piano about 45 deg. to the left, balance mode. I sometimes center it a bit more for solos..I also love the old school fusion mixes like Fred  on Tony Williams' Believe It lp..Holldsworth  & Pasqua ripping through solos hard-panned.