8DIO Guitar Sale

cclarry

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I have the Steel String version of this, but it doesn't seem to work right (the UI is all goofy) in Kontakt 6.  I even re-downloaded it.  I really wish 8dio would do something about updates. 

Did you try contacting them? I was using a library that was a bit wonky in Kontakt 6 (think it was one of the intimate studio series), and they deposited a new download in my account with the fixed version.

15 hours ago, Fleer said:

OrangeTreeSamples still reigns supreme IMB.

While I've advised Orange Tree Samples and had a lot of input in the initial Evolution libraries and Greg and I are friends, I started out as an obsessive guitar sample library user who thought Greg's guitar and bass libraries were  amazing (and they continue to be amazing; I can't share the names, but a bunch of musicians I look up to are customers, including a major movie composer that owns another sample brand). I know and like Troells too and own a dozen or so of his libraries, and I just bought one of his string libraries I really like (Intimate Studio Strings).  I own 8Dio's Steel Strings Strum and Solo libraries. It's really not comparable to Orange Tree Samples Evolution libraries.

Orange Tree Samples Evolution libraries are basically guitar libraries that you can do anything with. They don't use loops/phrases/sampled chords like 8Dio's guitar libraries, but use single notes that enable you to do any chord imaginable, any strum imaginable. The 8Dio libraries are more phrase-based libraries, with sampled chords and patterns and the electric guitar one doesn't have all of the various types of guitar sounds sampled that Evolution libraries have, nor do they have the extensive amp and effects like Evolution has (watch the 8Dio videos and you'll have a good understanding of it and then watch the Orange Tree Samples videos to have a good understanding of their libraries). Nor does it have the extensive, user-friendly scripting that Evolution has, and I think, especially when it comes to sophisticated guitar libraries that scripting is pretty much as important as the sample quality -- and frankly, I don't think anyone has equaled Greg Schlaepfer, the owner of Orange Tree Samples, when it comes to scripting guitar libraries. (Greg started out scripting libraries for some other very impressive developers before Orange Tree Samples was established as the premier guitar deep sample library developer on the market.) 

My opinion is, if you like what you hear in the 8Dio videos and are okay with the limitations, pick it up. But when you want something that is deep and without limits and realistic enough that you can use it in your final production, Evolution libraries are as good as it gets. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, antler said:

Did you try contacting them? I was using a library that was a bit wonky in Kontakt 6 (think it was one of the intimate studio series), and they deposited a new download in my account with the fixed version.

They quickly sent me download serials for a 1.1 updated version which fixes the Kontakt 6 problem (and Kontakt 5, it's effect panel wasn't right before either).  Oddly enough this update isn't listed on 8dio's updates page:

https://8dio.com/product-updates/