Midi and Audio not in sync

Hi! I have a problem i cant figure out. I "design" drums with arranging the midi notes in Pianoroll view, MTPowerDrums as instrument plugin. They play well, and are perfectly aligned to the beats. But, when recording guitar in another track in the project, the audio from the guitar are played a hint before the midi drums!? I have to adjust all midi notes a little bit before the beat to align them, or alternatively delay the audio data a little to make them sound at the same time as the drums. Anyone else seen this problem?

I have a fast computer with ASIO drivers, FocusRite external USB soundcard. I cant remember this being a problem when i used older and slower hardware earlier, so i guess it has nothing to do with the resources. Drives me crazy! :)

latency - it's a combination of the drum synth taking take to output the audio based on the MIDI input, and the audio roundtrip between the software outputting it via your sound device and you hearing it, reacting via your guitar, and the audio path + any effects you might use (an amp sim for example).

so several options: 1) render the audio on the drums and turn off the synth. 2) turn off as many effects and other tracks as possible while recording, 3) turn down the sample buffer on your sound device. if you're round trip is under 5ms you'll probably be ok, however, you may still need to tweak the recorded audio tracks. i use the "nudge" setting @ 2ms per nudge to quickly align the start of the recorded audio.

• Like 1