Why it's sounds different after exporting?

Rudransh

Question

5 answers to this question

1) You are probably not listening to it in Cakewalk with the same audio engine as outside Cakewalk. What software do you use to listen to the exported version? What audio engine are you using inside Cakewalk?

2) You might have FX applied and have selected to export without using the FX.
On the audio track I have reverb
76579407_2021-01-0412_24_45-Cakewalk-UntitledProject1_-Track.jpg.b5aea91e41e8d30d63a3dfc68ce415ee.jpg

When exporting, see the Track FX is not enabled. There will be no reverb.
1711242463_2021-01-0412_25_20-ExportAudio-Selected1_1_0-2_1_0.jpg.8238cd9738f9fc1995f4a4354831b265.jpg

And that is just a start.

What are you using the play the exported file with? 

Windows may be configured to apply its own modifications to the sounds played using Windows playback applications (EQ, effects, volume, etc) 

Cakewalk, on the other hard, is likely not doing this.  This would especially be true if you are using ASIO for the driver mode within Cakewalk.

3 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

1) You are probably not listening to it in Cakewalk with the same audio engine as outside Cakewalk. What software do you use to listen to the exported version? What audio engine are you using inside Cakewalk?

2) You might have FX applied and have selected to export without using the FX.
On the audio track I have reverb

1) VLC and no idea about which audio engine

2 FX is selected 

3 hours ago, Promidi said:

What are you using the play the exported file with? 

Windows may be configured to apply its own modifications to the sounds played using Windows playback applications (EQ, effects, volume, etc) 

Cakewalk, on the other hard, is likely not doing this.  This would especially be true if you are using ASIO for the driver mode within Cakewalk.

I am using VLC 

I have no idea about drivers so please help me

so, the quick answer is simple: calibrate your monitoring across your recording and playing equipment.

1) load up a band-pass pink noise WAV (not MP3) running -20db (you'll find a bunch online)
2) load that into a track in Cakewalk and loop it @ 0db on the sound card output
      2a) adjust Windows and speaker settings as needed to get the levels (read up on gain staging if you need to)
3) adjust your loudest monitoring setting on your speakers so you're at 83db at your listening position (i recommend a proper sound level meter but many phone apps seem to be ok for general usage)
repeat steps 2 & 3 with each audio player with all FX turned off and adjust players to get same level as CbB.

if you're using separate audio interfaces, make sure you adjust the volume level at each interface on your Windows sound control panel and not the record/mix software 🙂 

for example, in my Windows sound card settings i have my UMC1820 set at 100%, my IO2 @ 98%, my RealTek at 80%, and fiber to 5.1 @ 70%. in my speaker controller output settings - SP-5 and Avantone @ 75% (3 o'clock on the pots) and 50% on the speakers themselves (12 o'clock) , and Bose 901 eq/amp @ 60%. 901 amp at 50% (12 o'clock ~250W/ch)

***if you have a speaker controller - check frequency and set sub crossover correctly with the speaker sets.

example: my 2310 x-over set for 90hz crossover, parametric EQ set for Bose 901 series 1 simulation, and on the sub crossover dial is set @ 90hz with a slight 2-3db EQ bump @ 150hz (due to a room mode at my listening position so this flattens it for me)

-- this yields an even (+/- 1db) 83db (at my listening position as measured by a digital sound level meter) at max volume (0db) for all my recording, editing, playing software. generally i listen at the 1/2 volume setting on the controller or around 75db.

----the exception are a pair of old beatup Fisher speakers run off the 5.1 amp (150W/ch) set along the instrument (guitars, bass, etc) amp wall for simply raw, don't care, translation testing, and general party level music @ 105-110db @ 2m.

Edited by Glenn Stanton