What songs give you goosebumps when you listen to them?

craigb

17 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Yup, it's all about the performance. I'm sick of this song, but I've watched this performance at least a dozen times and get a lump in my throat every time.

Wow !  that performance of Stairway to Heaven certainly put a lump in my throat the 4 times I just listened to it . Great Performance

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I happen to like the show The Masked Singer , been watching it since it first aired  .

This video / song I'm posting  here also put a lump in my throat . Yet it is total opposite of your vid

It's pretty much all voice till the end ...the vocal inflections got me to lump up in my throat

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 7:47 PM, Kurre said:

Without song - THE MILITARY BAND OF THE ROYAL SCOTS DRAGOON GUARDS - AMAZING GRACE (1972)

There's lots of versions but the original is still the best. https://youtu.be/KVjftQZ9jHA

If you dislike bagpipes there will not be any goosebumps compared to me that like them and turns into a snivelling idiot with goosebumps each time i listen to them. 🥰

For some reason bagpipes have always attracted me too, maybe it´s the rawness & a sense of "back to mankind´s roots", just maybe or because I was brought up with swedish folkmusic around me a lot of the time, or maybe I just Am a bit odd.

Apart from most of the already mentioned tunes Hendrix´ Bold as love (especially the outro solo), Where Were You(Jeff Beck), Nazareth´s Please Don't Judas Me to mention a few.

Ripples by Genesis - specifically the version on Steve Hackett's Genesis Revisited II album with lead vocals by Amanda Lehmann. A truly incredible and completely perfect blend of menace and vulnerability and a massive improvement on the Phill Collins original.

Gives me spine tingles every time.

Andy

• Like 1

In no particular order:

- Uli Roth's Sky Overture.

- Devin Townsend's Why.

- The '96 G3 version of Steve Vai's For The Love of God.

- Faith No More's cover of This Guy is In Love With You.

- The final solo on Dream Theater's Octavarium.

- Tommy Emmanuel's Old Photographs.

- Jon Gomm's Passionflower.

- Racer X's Viking Kong.

- Symphony X's Charon

- Joe Satriani's Premonition

- Camel's Dust and Dreams, Harbour of Tears and Rajaz.

- Gentle Giant's Three Friends.

- Genesis' Cinema Show.

That's what comes to mind.

• Like 1