What songs give you goosebumps when you listen to them?

craigb

Eric Clapton's "Let It Rain" when the outro lead takes a pause, then comes back in at the 3:47 mark. To me that is the best lead ever played in Rock-N-Roll history. The tone, the feel, the phrasing, all the way to the end of the song. I remember hearing it for the first time, I was floored. Still get chills when I hear it today.  

• Like 1

Comfortably Numb, There Goes My Hero, Foo Fighters (Foo doesn't have a chance) Living Years Mike and the Mechanics. The first time I heard it I was in a store and I had no idea who it was and couldn't make out any of the words and I still got big tears in my eyes. Keep me in your heart for a While Warren Zevon The  last part of Mountain Jam Allman Brothers on Eat A Peach. Duane's playing is beyond words. On The Turning Away Pick Floyd   Brothers In Arms gets me every time. So does What's Goin On by Marvin Gaye. I think its a Vietnam war thing for those 2.  

• Like 1

^^^ Agreed. Then stack that amazing voice three times and layer her sibling's voice, and you've got Enya before Enya was a thing. She was a pretty good drummer, too. 

As you listen to this, keep in mind there is no Autotune, no thickening plugins or exciters. Just some plate reverb, LA-2A and a vintage Neumann.

This song was originally recorded by the Toronto band Klaatu, who many thought were the Beatles incognito. They weren't, but clearly were Beatles fans as evidenced by the Mellotron flutes, slapback slide guitar, Lennon-esque vocal backed by some "whoa whoa yeh"s.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Grem said:

Eric Clapton's "Let It Rain" when the outro lead takes a pause, then comes back in at the 3:47 mark. To me that is the best lead ever played in Rock-N-Roll history. The tone, the feel, the phrasing, all the way to the end of the song. I remember hearing it for the first time, I was floored. Still get chills when I hear it today.  

Hey Grem, Let it Rain is a great song.

I do believe that Stephen Stills plays that noodle around the 1:30 mark.

I think it is very unique, and almost out of place, but the producer left it in.

buried though it is.

• Like 1

Elliott Smith's "From A Basement On A Hill"  ....yea the whole album keeps me skin all prickly and a sense that somewhere in his songs lay the answers to all of my questions about the universe.  Rock music has lost majority of it's best representatives and now sits abandoned, covered in vines and wasp nests.   

Well, there is still Keith Richards and Brian Wilson which is proof that life expectancy is completely counter intuitive 

• Like 1