I Get A Kick (cover)

garybrun

16 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Gary , I liked the less verb mix better. I don't think my laptop Ever sounded this good ! Great job. I honestly don't see how it could be improved.    mark

WOW!!  Thanks so much.
Everything I know I have learned from you guys on here.
It gets better and better all the time.

Thanks again and I really appreciate the listen.  

Gary

3 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

I looked up and researched Eric Herje , hard to believe he's not an international singing star.  Is he close to you in Norway ?    ms

Erik is an old business friend.

When I used to be in the Event Management Business he used to call me in to his hotel  (he was conference manager) for large events.
We also had a love for singing and used to sing together.
He lives about...  4.5 hrs from my house.

I went through a phase where I was absolutely blotto about late 1930's -1940's big band music.  Charlie Barnet 's cover of Ray Nobles'  "Cherokee" was one of my favourites.  This is an excellent representation/recreation of the sound of this era.  The vocalist really captured the crooner style of the time.  Your mix sounds excellent.  The instruments are all clear and identifiable while still contributing to the overall sound.  My attempts at mixing more than just a few instruments have resulted in something much less than barely adequate. 

Well done!!

• Thanks 1

Gary,I just assumed this would be you singing since you did the White Christmas cover a while ago, which is sort of in the Big Band genre. Sounds like a really good mix to me and how could it not be considering your star ship studio?  🙂 Much envy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Gary,I just assumed this would be you singing since you did the White Christmas cover a while ago, which is sort of in the Big Band genre. Sounds like a really good mix to me and how could it not be considering your star ship studio?  🙂 Much envy.

Never tried recording myself singing Big Band stuff myself.
Any suggestions on what song...  I'll give it ago.

Also I love the studio too.
My dream come true.

Edited by garybrun