I'll Go - Cover song of Elisabeth Ødegård Widmer

Øyvind Skald

Is it ready for vocals or do you think it need a real guitar?

The trick here is that it has to be hard on time because it is the  glue that holds the groove together. everything else is in fact dragging  forword of backward (besides the kick. But that is not enought).

I don't even own a guitar for this or am good enought to do it just. For me its better with this NI  Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst.

Anyways. My aproach is not to get it as a "live" session ether, 

I have put in some  NI Polyplex, melow kick drum and clap.

Rest of the drums is my programming of  SD3, nothing live really.

NB! I have talked whit Elisabeth (on SMS) and she is ok wiht going forword with the song, But its her work and we all have to  honor that.

NB2! The original is impossible to find now (had to buy it used). It was released on the album "Sanne Spor" in 1991. The lable vent bankrupt same year, and the ones oving the rights now dont want to release the albums online.

Edited by ØSkald

• 2 weeks later...

OSkald
Yeah, tricky timing on this one.  Sounds good to me though it did seem more like a backing track. You mentioned a vocal track and I think it does need one. I have NI Electric Sunburst but I didn't recognize it in the song, unless it's playing the bass part?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

OSkald
Yeah, tricky timing on this one.  Sounds good to me though it did seem more like a backing track. You mentioned a vocal track and I think it does need one. I have NI Electric Sunburst but I didn't recognize it in the song, unless it's playing the bass part?

It is low in the mix. It is the guitar… Hehe

And thanks!

18 hours ago, edd987 said:

Very cool piano playing and nice tune. The mix sounds great to me. :)

Thank you... You know. I loved this tune the first time I heard  it in 1991. I saw Elisabeth live too, in a really small venue. I think we was only 20 people  there, and i talked to the poiano player after the show, and he gave med his notation of the song. Just chords, and I dont have that now.  But I trained to play this back then. Now I had to work alott in piano roll tho.  I have the Native Instruments S61 keyboard and its har du get the feeling... or I am old and not that good at piano anymore… lol.

And thanks!

Edited by ØSkald

Cool groove, would love to hear it with her vocals! Once you get those, could you post it? Those are some cool chords and uptempo RnB feel.

You might allow for a second, or a half second, of space right at the very beginning of the track, otherwise the piano jumps right on top of you.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

10 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Cool groove, would love to hear it with her vocals! Once you get those, could you post it? Those are some cool chords and uptempo RnB feel.

You might allow for a second, or a half second, of space right at the very beginning of the track, otherwise the piano jumps right on top of you.

cheers,

-Tom

Like a  0.1 of a second silent intro?