*.pcp files --- but how to change the save location

Astraios

Hi and Hello,

how can I change the file save destination for *.pcp files (EQ  Pro Channel)?

In the folder locations (Preferences) I haven't found a way to do this...

Here In my system  it always ends up in: C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

But this is not the location where I want to save my pcp presets.

Hmm, saving about 15 pcp-presets in a project always searching the individual path takes a lot of time...

Any idea? 😬

2041549558_SavePCPpreset2.thumb.png.e6b3ff59a171257aaaafeb70436b2dcb.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't see anything to change *pcp file location... Where is my total misstake again?

1285838534_FolderLocations.PNG.45428bc189ac4c74a4d94dfc2c10db70.PNG

Edited by Astra-Ios

2 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

or remap it via mklink command - this way you can put all your presets onto another drive / location and the app thinks its the original

... another term for mklink  seems to be: "symlink"

thx for your advice - maybe this could be a solution 🙄

you should use the junction /J setting as this creates a hard link to the directory

Creates a symbolic link.

MKLINK [[/D] | [/H] | [/J]] Link Target

/D      Creates a directory symbolic link.  Default is a file symbolic link.
        /H      Creates a hard link instead of a symbolic link.
        /J      Creates a Directory Junction.
        Link    Specifies the new symbolic link name.
        Target  Specifies the path (relative or absolute) that the new link refers to.

• Thanks 1

That works:  mklink /J  d:/XXX  "C:\Users\uweni\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\ProChannel Presets"

but this doesn't:  mklink /J  "D:\Cakewalk CbBL\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\XXX"  "C:\Users\uweni\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\ProChannel Presets"

... looks like you can't create a new folder (XXX) in a structure of already existing folders (?)

Edited by Astra-Ios

correct, you cannot create a link if a conflicting name exists - so copy the original folder first, "x out" the old dir, then do the mklink. this way the old directory is still there as a backup, as well as the copy you made (the new target). if it all checks out, then delete the x'd out folder.

Copy C:\Users\MyName\OldDir -> D:\Settings\Product\OldDir
C:\Users\MyName\OldDir -> C:\Users\MyName\OldDir.X
mklink /J "C:\Users\MyName\OldDir" "D:\Settings\Product\OldDir"

• Great Idea 1