kevro2000

Timing of Playback does not match what I see visually

Hi, Everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have 2 images below: they are each showing that that my MIDI trax (and audio Metronome track) are visually aligned.

However, when I play it, I do not hear beat one of first playback measure, until its on beat two. Which, of course, throws the timing off. So, when I'm listening to the metronome track in solo, for example, the STRONG beat is always falling on beat 2. If I close my eyes to record other trax, its ez enough to follow along and record: but not have the visual line up with the audial is  a bit disconcerting.

Anyone have a solution?

This has been going on for about a week, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what I've changed, if anything.

image.png.afbbca509c5f97e02ffccbeee408b230.png  image.png.8efc9a037c26529c4108783b04b83ce2.png

Thanks, Kevin

image.png

15 hours ago, kevro2000 said:

However, when I play it, I do not hear beat one of first playback measure, until its on beat two

Start your songs on beat 1, measure 2. apparently, the buffers need time to react. So beat 1 measure 1 may not be enough time

Thank you, CJ Jacobson!

While your solution did not work when I tried your suggestion, my eye spied the little sync icon. It crossed my mind to click on Internal Sync, and voila'! That fixed!! Happy Camper about to record some music now! ☺So, indirectly, your idea led to me figuring it out!!

image.png.dc291c44dce5927e446982af95b618ca.png