Is a universal tempo change possible in a large project?

musikman1

7 hours ago, musikman1 said:

not sure what you mean by "OP".

Original post or original poster. The first post in a thread, or the person who posted it. This is not Cakewalk specific. I charge extra for consulting on general internet shorthand. 🙃

At this point I think you have enough information to accomplish what you want to do. I suggest you make a safety copy of your project and try out some of the advice you've gotten. You'll find a way, and you'll learn more from doing than you will by reading. Good luck!

Edited by Larry Jones
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

As a purist I'm astounded that anyone would consider post-mix audio stretching an acceptable solution.

It depends. Time-stretching that tries to preserve both time and pitch is fraught, although it's getting better all the time. However, "tape-type" time-stretching, which basically resamples, doesn't add artifacts in the usual sense of the word. It's no different from speeding up tape, as was done often back in the day.

22 minutes ago, Craig Anderton said:

It depends. Time-stretching that tries to preserve both time and pitch is fraught, although it's getting better all the time. However, "tape-type" time-stretching, which basically resamples, doesn't add artifacts in the usual sense of the word. It's no different from speeding up tape, as was done often back in the day.

A worthy clarification, agreed.