Confirming that 'Video View' is not longer a feature? Frustrating.

J Landry

Question

Trying to score a short video.  Created a video track, thumbnails are visible when I choose them.  However like others on this forum before, 'Open Video View' does nothing.

I've been through Workspaces - Video View is not available anywhere.  The 'Advanced' Workspace setting, where Video View at least used to be an option, (and others have solved this problem), does not appear anywhere.  In no Workspace setting does a video option appear, including Custom and the 'Track Control Manager'.  No video option in the views tab either.  It used to be under the Lyrics view.

I've also changed around all of my monitor/display settings, in case the Video View was docked somewhere I couldn't see.  That's not the problem either.

Maybe there's a master UI panel that I'm missing, where I choose the view options that are available overall?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (17).png

6 answers to this question

Huh... so the Workspace Setting bar is at the very top right of the interface... but that drop down that's in the track view pane, just above the first track, what's that?  The Workspace Setting sub-menu?  Maybe I need to do more tutorials.

I did figure it out - thanks for your reply I really do appreciate it!

Thank you for your help. I have done it in the way described above, but I still can't open the video player. 

Normally, the video player will pop up automatically after importing the video

There is no problem with the view I added, but the video player can't be opened

无标题.png

It turned out to be the problem of setting up a workspace. All my problems have been solved. Thank you very much

Cakewalk has been used since last year. I like it very much, but I am not proficient in many functions because I usually use a few other daw

Thank you very much

• Like 1