Platinum Samples Evil Joe Barresi Glamouflage Kit QuickPack for BFD

cclarry

I have the Ocean Way Drums (Accent is the Engine) from Platinum Samples.  I had HIGH hopes for it...and it
crashed and burned...there IS a Joe Barrasi for Accent, and the only place I know that carries it is
ProAudioStar and it's $139.99...which is a definite NO!  That being said, the Ocean Way Drums
are really good...and it's sad that they have done virtually NOTHING for it...
https://www.proaudiostar.com/accent-joe-barresi-evil-drums-powered-by-accent.html

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Not sure what’s in the “quick pack”, but the full Baresi pack, in my view,  is still an excellent sounding pack. BFD2 kits can be used in BFD3.

I'm sure it is, but I'm not sure that I'd invest anything further into BFD until there is some sign of life.

• Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I have the Ocean Way Drums (Accent is the Engine) from Platinum Samples.  I had HIGH hopes for it...and it
crashed and burned...there IS a Joe Barrasi for Accent, and the only place I know that carries it is
ProAudioStar and it's $139.99...which is a definite NO!  That being said, the Ocean Way Drums
are really good...and it's sad that they have done virtually NOTHING for it...
https://www.proaudiostar.com/accent-joe-barresi-evil-drums-powered-by-accent.html

Yup, at this point $50 is even too much for a kit in Accent. Heck, I paid $75 for the Space Cabin Audio kit on sale and felt a little burned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

Which is strange that Platinum Samples themselves don't offer it up.

No faith in the Accent Engine I guess.

Right.  I confronted them with their "lack" of anything, and they said that they had lot's of kits
coming....and here we sit with 2....and I only found out about this Joe Barrasi kit by fumbling
through the ProAudioStar software!

3 hours ago, paulo said:

I'm sure it is, but I'm not sure that I'd invest anything further into BFD until there is some sign of life.

I guess I’d agree with that. I do find though that there is a distinct difference between the Toontrack and BFD3 house sounds , and its nice to have access to both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I guess I’d agree with that. I do find though that there is a distinct difference between the Toontrack and BFD3 house sounds , and its nice to have access to both.

I agree, until something happens I won't look at anything further from BFD - they really need to at least update the groove browser for instance - everything is starting to feel very old