Jump to content
  • 0
Rudransh

How to do this?

Question

Posted (edited)

I have a audio sample and I want to increase its pitch with time. I not find any pitch automation in cakewalk please help 

Edited by Rudransh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

As pointed out, you either need a Sampler (which is overkill) or a effect/Effect VST Pitch shifter to do this.

There's a Pitch Shifter Plugin by Kilohearts.  It's $15.00 online, or if you pickup Computer Music magazine Digital Back issue #261

(https://pocketmags.com/us/computer-music-magazine/autumn-2018) that cost $3.99, you get Pitch Shifter, along with two other effects from their monthly plugin giveaways.  

This a quality pitch shifter because it uses granular pitch shifting, and to me sounds pretty great.  It's small and easy to use as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You’ll need to load the clip into a Sample player VST which has a pitch bend option. There might be an audio version VST google it 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, forkol said:

As pointed out, you either need a Sampler (which is overkill) or a effect/Effect VST Pitch shifter to do this.

There's a Pitch Shifter Plugin by Kilohearts.  It's $15.00 online, or if you pickup Computer Music magazine Digital Back issue #261

(https://pocketmags.com/us/computer-music-magazine/autumn-2018) that cost $3.99, you get Pitch Shifter, along with two other effects from their monthly plugin giveaways.  

This a quality pitch shifter because it uses granular pitch shifting, and to me sounds pretty great.  It's small and easy to use as well.

Ok, I did that and got carried away and completely distracted. I bought issue #261 for $3.99 which has a really dense article on music theory that I'm going to try to work through plus about 12GB of downloads including about 30 instruments and 55 effects, plus additional instruments and effects in the getting started folders.  I only installed the pitch shifter plugin you mentioned and a harmony instrument. I'll probably install more for completing the music theory tutorial. Thanks, I think. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/3/2021 at 6:05 PM, Bill Phillips said:

Ok, I did that and got carried away and completely distracted. I bought issue #261 for $3.99 which has a really dense article on music theory that I'm going to try to work through plus about 12GB of downloads including about 30 instruments and 55 effects, plus additional instruments and effects in the getting started folders.  I only installed the pitch shifter plugin you mentioned and a harmony instrument. I'll probably install more for completing the music theory tutorial. Thanks, I think. 🤔

Hey Bill, sorry now just seeing this. 

Yeah, I really, really love that Kilohearts pitch plug-in.  I find it very useful to chuck it into the effects bin of the preview track.  Then you can use it to tune samples up/down when you are browsing samples.  Makes it easy to audition samples that are not in your project's pitch, and really speeds up the workflow.

Since you like being distracted -- if you liked that issue, I want to make you aware that Computer Music has a compilation issue on Music theory you might be interested in as well:  https://www.discountmags.com/magazine/the-producers-music-theory-handbook-digital.  I think I have the hard-copy of it, which I recommend so that it's easy to take with me and read.

CM also has many other mags, and special issues as well, be sure to check them out.  One special issue is the samples issue, which I'm sure will probably distract you further: https://www.magzter.com/GB/Future/Computer-Music-Special/Music/65493

It probably works out better to join Readly or Magzster if you decide to check out a few others.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There are some really superb free synths and effects in the CM downloads. Bazille CM and Thorn CM are particularly good - as is Dune CM

Also there are IK effects and instruments which give you an upgrade path for their other instruments, effects and bundles

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19 hours ago, forkol said:

Hey Bill, sorry now just seeing this. 

Yeah, I really, really love that Kilohearts pitch plug-in.  I find it very useful to chuck it into the effects bin of the preview track.  Then you can use it to tune samples up/down when you are browsing samples.  Makes it easy to audition samples that are not in your project's pitch, and really speeds up the workflow.

Since you like being distracted -- if you liked that issue, I want to make you aware that Computer Music has a compilation issue on Music theory you might be interested in as well:  https://www.discountmags.com/magazine/the-producers-music-theory-handbook-digital.  I think I have the hard-copy of it, which I recommend so that it's easy to take with me and read.

CM also has many other mags, and special issues as well, be sure to check them out.  One special issue is the samples issue, which I'm sure will probably distract you further: https://www.magzter.com/GB/Future/Computer-Music-Special/Music/65493

It probably works out better to join Readly or Magzster if you decide to check out a few others.

 

 

Thanks again. I hope to get around to those additional distractions, but for right now, my distraction bin is full.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...