Issue with multiple tracks while using midi

Ved Merchant

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have been working on cakewalk to create a song and I have been using my pcs3000 as midi input. I have an issue that has been bugging me a lot in cakewalk. I am sure I am doing something wrong. I see that all the notes from the track above the one I am recording gets carried over to the lowest one that I have record enabled for. Is there anything/any setting I can change to not make this happen?

For example if I have a piano track recorded above and I add a new acoustic guitar track and hit record after enabling recording on guitar track and disabling it for piano track, I see all the piano notes carrying over to guitar track. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot and happy new year to everyone :)

Hi Robert

Just now, RobertWS said:

If you are talking about the piano roll view....only select one track.   And you'll only see the notes for that track.

I think I just figured it out. In the midi input, for some reason it was automatically also selecting virtual controller for me along with the midi omni and that is what was causing it. I deselected virtual controller and only kept midi omni on and it works fine now. Again, not sure why that would cause it so a reason would be great to know but I have it figured for now :) I was afraid of wasting tonight lol

Thanks for your prompt response.