The Latency Slider Re visited

John Vere

I’ve been swapping between my Scarlett and Motu interfaces and one thing I noticed was when using the Motu, the Mixing Latency slider is greyed out in Audio / Driver settings  . I see why after reading another thread about this. This feature is not always supported in ASIO  drivers  

So it seems to work with the Scarlett but here's the question. 

It doesn't seem to control the Scarlett's buffers  when I open the ASIO control panel. They stay at 256 even when this slider is pushed to max. 
Does this actually change the buffers?  But just for playback? If I hear a glitch can I use this instead of opening the ASIO settings in Mix Control? 

I thought it was for none ASIO driver modes so have never used it with my interface    

Edited by John Vere

Well geeze, I just turned the Scarlett down to 32 and the stupid thing won't glitch when I playback a song with 6 VST instruments all sample based,  5 audio tracks and dozens of effects all over the place. I have 4 instances of the LP Multi band and EQ, The BT brickwall, Bunch of Pro channel etc.  What did they do to that last driver release? This is a 6i6 1st gen. It says 5.2 ms RTL? 

In the 6 years I've owned this I could never use it at even 128. 

Edited by John Vere