ANOTHER PA Voucher!

cclarry

Trying to decide what to go with... Any thoughts on bx_panEQ? Looks like it might be quite useful.

Either that, or I could go with another compressor (e.g. ACME Opticom XLA-3 or Lindell 254E) - I have loads of compressors already though.

Can anyone tell me if the Shadow Hills Class A mastering compressor is really much better than the TRacks  or Waves compressors?  Is there some extra chuzpa somewhere, or is it just a bunch of pretty knobs? 

I like the Elysia EQs too. Their free filter rocks.

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Am I missing something or is this new $21 voucher a step back? The last three vouchers had no minimum spend requirement and each took $20 off and could be used on anything.

It depends on how you look at it. I would've gotten Lion one dollar cheaper with this voucher than with the previous one.

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

It depends on how you look at it. I would've gotten Lion one dollar cheaper with this voucher than with the previous one.

Exactly. It is a step backward in that you cannot use it on any product that costs less than $39, but it is a step forward in that you get another dollar off for any product that cost $39 or more. I was looking at the HG-2  and it would have cost me $19, yesterday. Now it will only cost me $18.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Starise said:

Can anyone tell me if the Shadow Hills Class A mastering compressor is really much better than the TRacks  or Waves compressors?  Is there some extra chuzpa somewhere, or is it just a bunch of pretty knobs? 

I like the Elysia EQs too. Their free filter rocks.

I can't say if it's better, but it's very good! I'm not sure there's anything in the other ranges with that two-stage compression approach, though that's not to say you couldn't get results that were similar. You mentioned Elysia - I really like the mPressor.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, Pseudopop said:

It's a step back for those of us trying not to spend a cent anywhere else so that we can splurge on the U-he sale. 

• Like 1