Worst New Years On Record for Sales.

cclarry

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I have to say, this is the WORST New Years Sales that I can remember!
Most are just "carrying over" their Xmas sales...not offering ANY incentive
whatsoever, and that's a pretty sad statement with regards to ALL of the Vendors.

Given the 3 voucher resets for PA for the sale going on until end of today.....I'm guessing all the other vendors are just scared to even compete at this point.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

I think we reached saturation point, from what i seen last years , the whole year we ve been served with promo s at least it literraly non stop since june ... 

Second finding is that ... resell value witch is imho Real value , is like never , catzstrophic , exept for brnand like sonnox , fabfilter , softube ect ... and this is something we should pay attention when the need of cleaning folder comes , we reached litterally the point where sharing linces is better than trying to sale and even sometime transfert fees makes the whole process useless .

PA is a perfect exemple with plugin sold 9 $ asking for 20$ as tranfert fees ...

we should create a forum section to share plugins ....

And i really encourage you guyz to slow down purchases ... 2020 was the intro , things are not looking great economically speaking , what i m trying to say is that money made from our tools will not increase , and for hobbyist , i m pretty sure you re already well covered .

Be peaky , or like me , spend x$ when you sold x$ of plugins prior to that .

I wish you all a happy new years , health and peace of mind ....

• Great Idea 4

I'm not sure that there is ever really a sale. What we see is in fact short periods of price increases to make it look like the price is reduced come "sale" time and the vendors really just get what they really wanted all along.  I actually wish there were less "sales". Say what you like about the likes of Spectrasonics, but at least you can buy their products with confidence that it's not going to be 50% off next week. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, paulo said:

I'm not sure that there is ever really a sale. What we see is in fact short periods of price increases to make it look like the price is reduced come "sale" time and the vendors really just get what they really wanted all along.  I actually wish there were less "sales". Say what you like about the likes of Spectrasonics, but at least you can buy their products with confidence that it's not going to be 50% off next week. 

Some vendors do this. I recently bought a Beyerdynamic headphone and it really put me off that they did this. Ah well, still bought it. But my tip is, keep a spreadsheet with your wishlist, the normal price and the lowest sale price you have seen. And don't (or hardly) buy anything that's not on your wishlist. Saved me a couple of times.

• Great Idea 1

16 hours ago, cclarry said:

I have to say, this is the WORST New Years Sales that I can remember!
Most are just "carrying over" their Xmas sales...not offering ANY incentive
whatsoever, and that's a pretty sad statement with regards to ALL of the Vendors.

All the companies had crazy sales for Black Friday, and/or end of year. After not spending anything for many months, I spent a lot in the last weeks. Don’t need any more sales for a long time...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1