Memories

Fred's Gratis Scores

After 3 rewrites and a busy year end, I was able to pull off one more for 2020. Thank you so much to everyone that has listened, liked, commented and given me great feedback this year as I got back into producing music. Have a great New Year!

Memories by Fred's Gratis Scores

Dulcimer, Mandolin, vocals and synths reflect in this hybrid orchestral piece as the orchestra builds to climatic moving memories.

CC-BY (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
This piece is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC-BY). You can download, use in your playlists or videos, and create directive works both commercially and non-commercially. Have fun!

Download available from SoundCloud.
Stems available on BandLab: www.bandlab.com/freds_gratis_scores/memories

Instruments used in this piece:
- Cinesamples CineWoods CORE
- Cinesamples CineBrass CORE
- Spitfire Originals Cinematic Percussion
- Spitfire Albion ONE (Strings, Percussion)
- Spitfire BBC Orchestra Discover (Percussion)
- Spitfire Labs Hand Bells
- Spitfire Labs Mandolin
- Spitfire Labs Dulcimer
- Native Instruments Noire
- SoundIron Requiem Lite
- Realitone Realivox Blue
- AudioImeria Nucleus Lite
- Cinesamples CineStrings CORE

• Like 2

Wow  Fred ! you have some real beautiful sounds going on in your song .

Your composition seems celebratory in nature (considering 2020 was such a  a dirge and let down on so many levels  )I found the last 3 rd of your song to exhibit a joyous noise that hinted at finding a much happier place  . Your song seems to be in movement towards what one want's  as opposed to away from a place in time and circumstances where one wants to get away from .

Wish I could make sounds like that ...

Happy New Year

Kenny

Thank you everyone for listening and your comments.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:38 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

Your composition seems celebratory in nature (considering 2020 was such a  a dirge and let down on so many levels  )I found the last 3 rd of your song to exhibit a joyous noise that hinted at finding a much happier place  . Your song seems to be in movement towards what one want's  as opposed to away from a place in time and circumstances where one wants to get away from .

Thanks Kenny, I enjoy hearing others' interpretations. In fact, this piece didn't have a name until in the final mixing stage. I was thinking something about accomplishment and had my fiancée listen and she thought of reflection on past events. The more I thought about it I thought of my kids from the time they were little to now grown, out of college and living on their own and how proud I am of them.
[Paul Harvey voice] "And now you know... the rest of the story." :)

On 1/1/2021 at 7:51 AM, jack c. said:

i hear as if i'm listening to a real giant orchestra.

Thanks Jack, it means allot to hear that. Working with sampled orchestration can get quite "fiddley" working with articulations, MIDI CCs, and velocities. Glad to hear the courses I took are paying off!

Edited by Fred's Gratis Scores

Very good dulcimer and orchestra.  
Might be just my ears but seemed like bass could stand out more.
The oooo's and aaaaah's are nice but could change up more, eg an oooh turns into an aaah within same phrase.
I like the overall buildup to the dramatic ending.
Great job on this.

I wanted it to get 'big' in an orchestral sense and 2:50 was a long time to wait for that crescendo but definitely worth it. This is beautiful work Fred and by no means easy to do (my attempts sound so lane in comparison), well done. Andy