Tone Color in NI's The Giant drops back down to soft every time I stop my track or change an option!

Mehrdad Shamsi

Question

Okay so this is pretty much the 3rd time I am making a post for this issue.
But it seems just today I found what the heck was going on. Now I can't figure out how to fix it!

So for quite a few months now I have had this issue that my cakewalk just kept auto-saving too frequently. Something was just constantly making changes to my tracks. The moment I saved a tracked it instantly was stared as edited again. Every time I simply played a track and then stopped it, it would get edited and I just recently noticed when opening up some old tracks that NI'S The Giant was sounding very quiet in my old tracks. Then it finally came to my attention that every time I stop playback the color of the tone reset all the way down to soft! It even happens when I make a change to sonars options !! And now the problem is I can't figure out just what the heck is causing it to do so. I have to say that this is happening even though I have unchecked the "Zero controller when play stops" feature in the options. Can anyone help me solve this issue? It's messing up all my tracks and driving me crazy.

2 answers to this question

From the ni site... i have had to do this disable in the instrument in addition to the cakewalk setting often....

KONTAKT's Volume Resets When I Press Play in my Host Sequencer

Symptom

KONTAKT's Instrument volume is reset when you press play or stop in your host sequencer.

Cause

Some host sequencers are configured to send MIDI commands CC7 and CC10 when you press play or stop. KONTAKT can be configured to respond to these standardized commands to reset the loaded Instrument's volume.

Solution

Follow these steps to prevent KONTAKT from reacting your host sequencer's play / stop commands:

Load an instance of KONTAKT in your host sequencer.

Load an Instrument to KONTAKT's Rack.

Press the wrench button on the upper left side of your KONTAKT Instrument.

Click Instruments Options.

In the Controller tab, disable the option Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan.

You can alternatively configure your host sequencer not to send the standard MIDI commands CC7 and CC10 when pressing play or pause. To learn how to do so, please consult your host sequencer's documentation.