Compulsion : Remix

Kevin Walsh

Thanks for everyone's great feed back. I've finished (yet another) remix and I think this song is ready for another round of criticism. Your input on ANY aspect of the song is most welcome!

Happy New Year!

Update: I've posted a new mix taking into account all of your feedback. Please let me know if it hits the mark better. Don't forget to refresh the page before listening. Thank you!

Edited by Kevin Walsh
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Great song and good mix.  I love the vocals and guitar tones, very polished!  I'd like to hear the bass guitar a bit more, which would make this a stellar mix, imo.  However, this is really good as is.  Happy New Year to you!

Good feedback as always., thank you!

18 hours ago, Fred's Gratis Scores said:

I like the smooth sound to this, very nice! The only feedback I have is that the very first part felt a little "jumbled" and my brain had a hard time grabbing on to something to find the beat. It's a great song and very much enjoyed it. Mix sounds good on my Sony MDX-1000.

Thanks for your feedback! Are you talking about the short little instrumental bit at the very beginning? 

Hi Kevin, I take the fact the bass line is a little low in the mix as it could be a tad higher. The double tracking could maybe do with the harmony's taken up a bit too esp the chorus and the Ahoo's  and my last crit is that the ending has been cut too short.

Overall and as a fan of your stuff, I love to listen to a good song and follow the wording, so if you could post them up  .. ?

Great song, you have such a wistful tone to your vocal it's almost haunting.

ATB

Steve

7 hours ago, SupaReels said:

Hi Kevin, I take the fact the bass line is a little low in the mix as it could be a tad higher. The double tracking could maybe do with the harmony's taken up a bit too esp the chorus and the Ahoo's  and my last crit is that the ending has been cut too short.

Overall and as a fan of your stuff, I love to listen to a good song and follow the wording, so if you could post them up  .. ?

Great song, you have such a wistful tone to your vocal it's almost haunting.

ATB

Steve

Thank you for the kind words, Steve. I've added the lyrics as I wrote them before recording the song but there may be a few differences in the final version. I'm embarrassed that I let the cut-off at the end go out the door. Thank you for the feedback and the support!

Compulsion - Kevin Walsh

verse 1

a quiet compulsion
rollin round in his head

another day that
makes her wish she was dead

she don't mean nothing
she drives him out of his head

she don't know why but fine
she says, still in his bed

verse 2

she knows it's all in the eyes
they say everything

he gave her nothing
she gave him everything

a quiet compulsion
rolling round in his head

awake alone 
on the edge of her bed

she don't mean nothing

bridge

(keep quiet)

keep quiet now 
the slightest creak
will give yourself away
and then he'll know

eyes in the back
of his head
will see you breaking the rules
and that'll be all,
yeah that'll be all

she don't say nothing

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

Thanks for your feedback! Are you talking about the short little instrumental bit at the very beginning? 

Yes, that's the part, but now listening to it again I'm not hearing it and the intro sounds fine to me. I'm not sure what was going on, maybe I was just having an off day? Sorry 'bout that.

Edited by Fred's Gratis Scores

11 hours ago, Wookiee said:

And yet again @Kevin Walsh I find myself listening to one of your tunes when dear Missy got me out of bed at 04:20 am for some unknow reason, but today she did not want to go back to bed so I have been up since silly o'clock today.

This does sound nice though :) 

Thank Missy for me, won't you? Thanks for listening, Wookie. I see you have a few new ones out there that I have yet to give a listen to. Something to look forward to!

• Haha 1