Vsts/Instruments unresponsive to Midi

torebn

Hi:-)

When opening projects I made some 6-12 months ago there is no other sound output than the vocals and the "frozen" tracks. All vsts/instrument tracks remain silent.

Even after opening the vsts plugin window there is no connection between midi and vst. I'm changing settings to Omni, to Virus TI (my midi controller), try to play some notes or chords - there is no response at all. If I add a new copy of the same vst, and the same midi-settings it plays the new instance of the same synth perfectly. Going back to the original instrument-track/vst - there is no interaction between midi(controller) and instrument/vst at all.

This is not only one project, but loads of them. What am I missing out on here???

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my. I feel your pain. I have posted elsewhere about how it is necessary to periodically "sacrifice a chicken" to my Cakewalk MIDI chain in order to get sound coming out of it again.

Same thing. Project I've been working on previously, and something happens, I do the wrong thing somehow and suddenly I ain't getting any VSTi's. Or I just open it and try to do some editing in the Piano Roll and I can't get sound to come out. Even careful examination reveals no MIDI Black Holes (notes of zero duration and velocity).

Usually the Great and Awful Baron Samedi demands that I exit my project and start a new one, create some new tracks, stare at them incredulously as they work perfectly, then either I will figure out what I have been doing wrong, or I will exit my new project and go back to the problem one and it will mysteriously begin working.

This is the tariff that he extracts in exchange for returning my MIDI data to the world of the living. I suggest you try it, and if your functionality is not restored, you may have to remit a greater price, like opening a helpdesk ticket or beyond