ELECTRIC Guitars EQ suggestion

Marcello

Hi there one question,

I'm using TH-U amps for my electric guitars sound, I'm using the Plexi Marshall and it's perfect but it's missing some bass/boost, so I added an EQ and set it up as you can see in the photo below, increasing the low frequencies, now I like the sound it's perfect by itself.

Then when playing the song all together with drums and bass, everyone recommends to cut the low frequencies of the guitars to leave those lows for the Bass and take out that "mud", so then  I cut the lows on the guitar bus EQ at around frequency 90 (photo below)

Does this make any sense to you? I mean, I'm using a Plexi Marshall TH-U cause I love the timbre, but I like it to be boosted a bit like the JCM800, so I increase the lows to make it sound like I want, but then I cut those lows after in the bus EQ to make space for the Bass???

I'm not a big fan of this cutting guitar lows to be honest even if everyone says it must be done, I mean I want my guitars to be fat!

Any suggestion? what should I do? should I remove the EQ in TH-U at this point?

image.png.1cd65c9e58e8c122768d9f322bc30558.png

image.thumb.png.e1e3e85ca0890151d451562c7e288250.png

image.png

The 1959 and the 2203/2204 are entirely different amps with entirely different sounds.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

Then when playing the song all together with drums and bass, everyone recommends to cut the low frequencies of the guitars to leave those lows for the Bass and take out that "mud", so then  I cut the lows on the guitar bus EQ at around frequency 90 (photo below)

Yep. And how does it sound in the context of the mix when you do that?  Better, I'll bet.

Does this make any sense to you?

Yes.

Any suggestion? what should I do?

Whatever it takes to make it sound good.

Without hearing anything - in context - it's really impossible to give specific suggestions.

• scook locked this topic