Studio One wins MusicTech Gear of the Year/DAW of 2020 - Cakewalk gets Highly Recommended Honor

cclarry

13 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Um... that "Read our full review here" link for CbB is a link to an article from 21 May 2019 titled "Cakewalk by BandLab adds support for ARA 2 in latest update"???

Well, in all fairness, it didn't say "when" the review was from....🤪

Edited by cclarry
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Studio One deserves this. It’s improving all the time.

Yep have to agree with you on that point.   Nice that they were able to add the staff view into Studio One latest version. Now I have to update to the latest version.  Still waiting for the 50% off sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Still waiting for the 50% off sale.

If you get it before 11:59 PM CST tonight, Dec 31st, you can get the current PreSonus S1 5 Pro upgrade sale price at BestService for $99. Still not a bad deal.

https://www.bestservice.com/studio_one_5_professional_upgrades.html

Then enter the Promo Code HNY2021, and get voucher for additional -$20 off.

Total = $79.

50% off would be $74.98, so that's pretty damn close! 😁

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

If you get it before 11:59 PM CST tonight, Dec 31st, you can get the current PreSonus S1 5 Pro upgrade sale price at BestService for $99. Still not a bad deal.

https://www.bestservice.com/studio_one_5_professional_upgrades.html

Then enter the Promo Code HNY2021, and get voucher for additional -$20 off.

Total = $79.

50% off would be $74.98, so that's pretty damn close! 😁

Just tried it and comes up $135 -$20promo. I'm in no rush. I got Studio One when Sonar stopped. I want to have it as my other to go to DAW. So when it is a great sale I will upgrade. Happy New Year everyone!

33 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Just tried it and comes up $135 -$20promo. I'm in no rush. I got Studio One when Sonar stopped. I want to have it as my other to go to DAW. So when it is a great sale I will upgrade. Happy New Year everyone!

That's weird, because I tested it in the cart right before that last post, and it was $99 base price. Sorry it didn't work out when you tried! Maybe PreSonus pulled their sale early for UK?

Happy New Year as well!

Edited by abacab

20 hours ago, abacab said:

Full disclosure: MusicTech is owned by BandLab Technologies (scroll to the bottom of the web page).

Am I the only one that noticed that? Especially since Cakewalk received a "Highly commended" mention.

Hilarious.

And yea, you're probably the only one that noticed.  I stopped reading these types of articles, anyways.  They generally aren't at all objective (but what "news" or "journalism" is, anymore).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

I'm starting to appreciate Bandlab a lot more. 

I would really appreciate them and I think a lot of others would to if they release the synths and prochannels that they have the code to. Not for free but as $$.

But you are right, Bandlab has really given us a great(er) DAW and now for FREE! :D

• Like 1

So, like many here I “left” Sonar Platinum three years ago and have used Studio One Pro ever since. When I started using SO, within a week I preferred it to Sonar, even though I’d used the latter for years.

For those of you who know both these days, how would you rank CbB now vs. Studio One Pro? Are there features that you prefer in CbB? I’m sure there have been many improvements since the Sonar days. Above all, is it rock solid from a stability viewpoint? Like many here, I have stacks of external plugins so I’m not bothered about an extensive list of onboard FX and instruments.

Two of the things I love about Studio One  - Melodyne ARA integration, and using it with my FaderPort 16. Also love being able to chop up audio and drag the gain up or down on individual clips. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, abacab said:

Full disclosure: MusicTech is owned by BandLab Technologies (scroll to the bottom of the web page).

Am I the only one that noticed that? Especially since Cakewalk received a "Highly commended" mention.

Yeah, that was what I was alluding to initially... you would *think* their own media division would actually write a review of the program rather than link some old feature. But then again, the "review" for SO is also just a bunch of links (4 pages of them), with the newest being May 2019 as well.

• Like 1