Jump to content
  • 0
David Pollock

Step sequenced notes do not align

Question

See in the attached piano roll view that some chords created in the step sequencer do not align perfectly to the beat. I have been rerecording a part that goes with this over and over because I thought I kept playing off beat. Turns out that the sequencer is the problem. How does this happen?

 

image.thumb.png.ca2309ea32fdf8271cffeb48bc627678.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

maybe the note snapping is set to too fine a resolution - if both snap and step are set to quarter notes, does this still happen? is it project specific? i.e. if you create a brand new blank project, add a MIDI track then use the step recorder does it still happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

maybe the note snapping is set to too fine a resolution - if both snap and step are set to quarter notes, does this still happen? is it project specific? i.e. if you create a brand new blank project, add a MIDI track then use the step recorder does it still happen?

They were set at quarter notes when I did this, and I could not replicate it. So I have no idea what happened. I guess I will just get in the habit of double checking. Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Kurre said:

The step sequencer has a couple of "random" settings. Check those.

The timing and swing options were zeroed out Kurre, so I don't think that was it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, David Pollock said:

The timing and swing options were zeroed out Kurre, so I don't think that was it. Thanks.

The swing setting is zeroed out when it's at 50%.

Then it gives that it's bad if it's set at 0%.  Just checking you know that. 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Kurre said:

The swing setting is zeroed out when it's at 50%.

Then it gives that it's bad if it's set at 0%.  Just checking you know that. 👍

Yes, I was using "zeroed out" to mean it was in the neutral position, but thanks for checking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Another reason might be the midi clip created could get nudged out of time. Just quantize the midi track when done and it will line up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...