Cakewalk Not Detecting .CAL files [SOLVED]

Grey Allen

Question

Mapping my CAL functions to keyboard shortcuts worked fine on my previous PC, but after installing Cakewalk by Bandlab on my new one I noticed a problem. The CAL functions do not show up in search when I search through functions in the key biding tab. 

(Edit: I have scrolled down the list of results. I've also tried reinstalling cakewalk and bandlab (as well as reinstallng with firewall and protection settings turned off.)

I've also confirmed the proper location of the scripts:

img2.png.344225b811429dd9bd2266277f419fda.png

Old PC search results: 

img1.png.3adaece817830ed8d2eb696ad97ce97c.png

NEW PC SEARCH RESULTS:

img3.png.932a79a964713c6d61f250b51e7e33bf.png

Edited by Grey Allen
not enough information

11 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Cakewalk doesn't crash, so there isn't one. oops.

Just send an email to support@cakewalk.com. Include a link to this thread.

COMPRESSION was the problem,  my new pc automatically compressed the files (blue arrows appear on folders that are automatically compressed by windows). I disabled compression for the Cakewalk folders and everything if fine now.

this was also the solution to my other problem  and I posted the method in detail here:

Thanks for the assist @Nigel Mackay, @scook

Edited by Grey Allen
  • Like 1

Strange. Have you tried looking at the access rights to the folder? Maybe Cakewalk is not allowed to see the contents of the cal folder.

Create a new folder somewhere, copy some cal files to it and change the default in Preferences.

Also, everything is displayed until you start typing a search term, which then restricts the results. Clear the search term and see what happens. If you see the cal files start typing cal 1 letter at a time and see when they disappear..

13 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Try scrolling down the list of results.😀

fair answer, and if they're still not present? I edited my question to indicate I've tried that as well. You can also see from the size of the scroll bar that there are many more results when I search 'cal' on my old pc. 

26 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Strange. Have you tried looking at the access rights to the folder? Maybe Cakewalk is not allowed to see the contents of the cal folder.

Create a new folder somewhere, copy some cal files to it and change the default in Preferences.

Also, everything is displayed until you start typing a search term, which then restricts the results. Clear the search term and see what happens. If you see the cal files start typing cal 1 letter at a time and see when they disappear..

**I'm now observing that there are no functions displayed under the '---Studio Ware Files----' as well , and the file are present in the folder assigned 'C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\StudioWare Panels'

Copying some files to c:/user/documents/cakewalk and then changing the location in the file settings in cakewalk seemed to have no effect either. 

When I scroll down without any search terms I'm unable to see any of the functions defined by the CAL files  under the '----Cal Program Files-----' line (eg. 'HUMANIZE' from the 'HUMANIZE.CAL' file. Like I am able to on my old PC.

Edited by Grey Allen

12 minutes ago, scook said:

Open a project then open preferences with the project open, see if this make a difference

Problem is still there after trying this

22 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Are your track icons available if you try to use one? (Is it only shortcuts that is faulty?)

You might have to send an email to support@cakewalk.com

Viewing and Setting track icons works fine.  it seems the Studio Ware files and Cal script just wont show up in the keyboard shortcuts tab