Copy automation points with clips

Mental Pug

The automation points don`t copy with the clips unless the lanes are visible when i select the clip. If the lanes are not visible, selecting the clip, copying it and paste it will not copy the automation points. Same when trying to copy with Ctrl+Mouse drag. Windows 7 64 bits by the way. Is it how is suppose to work? Whenever i have to copy a section of a track to duplicate it i have to make all the automation lanes visible in order to copy the points .  I have that option enabled - Selecting clip selects the automation.

And is it a way of making those points smaller ? When i use the sine draw to make an LFO style automation it looks like a damn DNA sequence. Looks really bad.

2 hours ago, Arakelian Namete said:

it looks like a DNA sequence

xD I've thought the same.

Have you tried using Paste Special ?

First and foremost, make sure the track you are copying is selected and the destination track has focus. 

- Drag select your region to be copied. Use Paste special. Its really that easy. Just make sure the Nowtime is aligned with the copy and paste points.

Here is a helpful video on this topic.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to copy clips on the same track. Like duplicating a section of the song. Paste special does not work...unless the track animation lanes are visible.  Just like simple Paste. So if I have a section with 10 tracks and many clips on those tracks, and each track has 4 animation lanes I have to make them visible first, then select all the clips (which selects the animation points either) and then drag and drop with Ctrl or Copy/Paste the clips. It sucks because i have to click "Enable lanes" for each track. Is it at least a shortcut to make all the animation lanes in the project visible at once ? and then hide them ?

Thank you.

Thanks. You are right.

You have to have "Display ghosted data" enabled in View menu, though. I haven`t had that one.  If it`s not enabled it won`t copy the automation. Moving the clip works the same.

And thanks for the quick group tip too.