Bug in Cakewalk?

jono grant

Hey there, meant to post something about this earlier: Wondering if anyone else has noticed a certain bug in Cakewalk>>>

You make some changes to a plugin, then go and click on a clip you don't want and hit the delete button, it doesn't delete, you keep trying, it doesn't delete, but then you notice the plugins in the effects bin are deleting one by one. You can't even use your delete key to remove a plugin!!! But it is deleting effects! What the heck is happening there? 

It doesn't happen much, but I've noticed it for a while now. Very strange...

Cheers

Jono

It seems that this is wanted behavior. When a plugin is selected in the FX bin (you can see small angles around the plugin square box), then it has the focus/priority for key actions. If you want the selected clip gain focus again, then you have to click on the clip again (the plugin loses the focus then). After that the key input goes to the clip.

A lot of such misunderstandings with CbB/Sonar's focus handling happen when you begin working with it. I just remember how I struggled years ago when I started to work with Sonar. It took me years to come used to the focus handling, but today I see some of the advantages with this implementation! 😄

In CbB/Sonar selected is not always equal to focused!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, marled said:

It seems that this is wanted behavior. When a plugin is selected in the FX bin (you can see small angles around the plugin square box), then it has the focus/priority for key actions. If you want the selected clip gain focus again, then you have to click on the clip again (the plugin loses the focus then). After that the key input goes to the clip.

A lot of such misunderstandings with CbB/Sonar's focus handling happen when you begin working with it. I just remember how I struggled years ago when I started to work with Sonar. It took me years to come used to the focus handling, but today I see some of the advantages with this implementation! 😄

In CbB/Sonar selected is not always equal to focused!

You're right! Crazy, I never knew that. Thanks