Lexicon MX 200 as VST?

John Vere

I love this hardware unit and it was in my live rig mostly for a few years. I continue to hook it up in the studio and in the past would just cable it up to my interface.
But included with the unit is a CD with software   I have tried to install it a few times and would always get some errors. I was told that the software was only for Windows XP. 
I just managed to install it to  my W7 laptop and got all excited because it worked. I could select and edit and save patches. Cool. 
but what about this rumour that it was used as a VST inside a DAW?  
I managed to install it to my W10 machine and it worked fine there as well. On a hunch I opened the CD and yep, there’s a mx200.dll. So drop it in VST folder and it shows up in CbB.  
But, you insert the VST and the lexicon mix app shows up and says it can’t find the device. 
so looking in preferences I find it as a midi in /out option. Ticking that said cannot connect out of memory?  

has anybody ever gotten this app to work? 

I used this string in Google

site:forum.cakewalk.com Lexicon MX 200

There are a few detailed posts about users setting it up like this one

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/1577372

There are a couple more in the thread

This post is about the MX300 http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2958074

There were a  few from 2005.

Can't believe it is worth the effort but it is one way to spend a long weekend.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve Didn't find those  You are the most amazing person I know for finding stuff!   I'm reading as I reply. It Will take a while,, I totally forgot this thing has SPDIF! that seems the ticket. It's like a combo VST Hardware set up from what I'm reading. It will be very cool after all these years to get this to work. The big hurdle was the software. It's on a CD so nothing changed there,  but something in Widows is now corrected. My guess is it wanted a Visual C++ that I didn't have before.