Request: Option to change sample rate on demand with new projects

Moving Air Productions

Question

I'd like to request that Cakewalk can have a "ask every time" option for sample rates when creating new projects. When I do music work, I work at 96k, but I also work with a lot of podcasters, and they send me tracks at 44.1 or 48k. I'd like to have the option to choose my sample rate when I'm creating a new project rather than going into the preferences every time and changing the default prior to creating a new project. Thank you.

8 answers to this question

On 12/30/2020 at 5:48 PM, scook said:

To set the sample rate for new project use the File > New dialog and make sure to add an audio clip before exiting the project.

That is true, I could do that. I should clarify: I would like to see this option added to the "start screen" menu. I have gotten used to using the 'start screen' for opening and creating new projects.  That's what I was referring to. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

I'm not sure about this but how about a project template?

The sample rate is not stored in the project.

Sample rate is read from preferences when a project does not have audio clips otherwise it is read from one of the project's audio clip headers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

The sample rate is not stored in the project.

Sample rate is read from preferences when a project does not have audio clips otherwise it is read from one of the project's audio clip headers.

If i put an x minute audiofile with 96khz in a new project and then saved as a project template.

And then did the same with 44.1 and 48 khz. Making it three different project templates.

Would that work?

Then you could just mute or delete the khz-deciding audiofile at the start of a new project.

10 hours ago, John Nelson said:

While this feature would enhance your particular workflow, it would be a nuisance for anyone who works at the same SR most of the time. I suspect that is the majority of users.

I agree with John.  If scook's suggestion of using the menus for a new project doesn't work for you, then perhaps the pre-saved templates or projects Kurre suggested will work for you.  Seems like a good idea to me.

Kind regards,

tecknot