Guitar part switching to mono

I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion, other than recording... I have a rhythm guitar part that was recorded mono, then I've duplicated the track for different processing and they are panned to opposite ends of the audio spectrum. It may be a mix of several takes, I don't remember. But there is an 8 bar section in the middle during which the two parts are audibly mono instead of stereo. If I solo each track their panning sounds correct, extreme left and extreme right, but when played together they come to the middle. The rest of the guitar part is normal, so it's really obvious when this happens. I've tried a number of things, including phasing and such, but I can't figure out why. This isn't going to hold up my mix, but if anyone has an idea I can go back in and fix it later. Any thoughts?

Well, I can't figure out then why the rest of the parts sound off left and right except for one 8 bar section. All recorded the same, one mic, one input. The rest of the guitar part, on the same tracks, I hear in the panned spectrum, left and right. In that one section, the tracks are still panned left and right but the audio moves to the center, for 8 bars, then back to the stereo pan...

That's essentially what I did, what @lapasoa said, though my panning is more extreme, there is very different EQ and processing between them, compression is different, one has a little reverb but the other is dry.  I'll try to be clearer. If I solo each guitar part they both, alone, play exactly correctly, they are both mono signals... the one panned hard left plays correctly out of the left monitor, the one panned hard right plays correctly out of the right monitor, and they play that way all the way through. But, when I solo them both at the same time, they still play exactly correctly... one panned hard left, one panned hard right, Until they hit that section, then, though the panning hasn't changed, and I can't detect anything different about the signal itself, the audio audibly moves to the center. Then, after that section, they both move back, audibly, to their assigned panning. I've tried phasing, and I've tried shifting one (nudging) slightly... and I'd like to say I tried other things but I don't know what else to try.

Btw, thanks for responding, I'm doing this on my own here, sometimes it can a long time to work through something I don't understand.

Edited by Richard Schweitzer

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:13 PM, Richard Schweitzer said:

It may be a mix of several takes, I don't remember. But there is an 8 bar section in the middle during which the two parts are audibly mono instead of stereo

The in parts that sound like stereo you have put different takes on the left and right.

The 8 bar mono section is the SAME take panned left and right, which results in a mono signal, just 3dB louder.

Solo still lets some of the other tracks through
at a reduced level (depending on settings),
so try this using Mute instead:

Mute everything.

Go to just before your middle 8 section.

Unmute your effected channel only.

A. Does the reverb, EQ etc. stay the same going into the middle 8?

Now mute the effected channel and unmute the the dry channel only.

B. Does it stay dry into the middle 8?

Now unmute both and disable all EQ, effects, etc (use the button
on the top of the bins). keep the panning.

C. Does it sound stereo before the middle 8?
And does it collapse to mono in the middle 8?

Edited by twelvetone