Problems since update

Detwoen

Hi,

Since the update this morning, I have had numerous problems and I wonder if anyone else has. Previous to this morning, CbB has worked beautifully. Since the update, the start menu won't start automatically (have checked and turned off and on the setting), Modo Bass won't fast bounce - it will do realtime bounce, but not fast. Tried it on multiple projects, and the flyout Qudcurve EQ defaults to off rather than on which it always has.

AD2 has no problems, it will fast bounce, I have turned PC off and on - no difference. Just wondering whether the gremlins have beset my computer, or it's something to do with the update, which is the only change the machine has seen.

Regards

Dave

dear Detwoen: 1. Start screen appears to me normally. I can not confirm your problem. 2. Modo Bass does not work in fast bounce mode either as a freeze track or as a bounce to track. It only works normally. So I confirm the problem. Omisphere works correctly both in quick freeze mode and in fast bounce to track mode. Hope it help!

Hi Noel! I do not remember using MODO BASS more than 2-3 months ago. Actually my wife is a composer (I help her mix and master the music of  the show)  and she uses it pretty much, but at the last theater performance she wrote music, I'm sure she did not use it (the premiere took place on March 4th ... love labour's lost, W. Shakespeare ). Usually I avoid using the fast bounce system. We better have a few extra minutes of patience and get a better result. So I do not know how to help ...

Hi @Noel Borthwick and @siordanescu

Thanks for your reply. I have restored my pc back a couple of weeks pre the new release and MODO bass is now working as normal as is the start menu and the EQ. When I start Sonar, I get the little "Update Available"  notification, so I know Sonar hasn't been updated again. I'm working on a very time critical project atm and don't want to update again just yet, but will tomorrow when it's done. I will let you know if the problems occur again.

As far as the MODO bass problem is concerned, when I selected the midi data and and the synth track to render to audio, instead of taking, say 3 or 4 seconds and resulting in the rendered audio track, the progress bar would whizz through and give me an audio track with no audio, just a straight line. Doing it as a real time bounce worked. At that stage, no other VST had this problem, and when I tried MODO bass in 3 other projects, I got the same result - no audio.

Re the Quadcurve EQ, it always was on when I previously opened it. I didn't realise the default was to off, as I've never had to turn it on. I just open the channel track, double click the EQ to open the fly out EQ, and it works.

I will update Sonar as soon as I finish this project, and let you know the results.

Regards

Dave

Hi @Noel Borthwick,

Thanks for the file, however mixed and not totally successful results. First time fast bouncing MODO bass resulted in the file (picture attached) where it failed to render the first part of the audio, but did the rest okay. Top clip is the midi data, and the bottom clip is the resulting audio. Second try resulted in a fatal error notice and Sonar crashed. Third time, the result was the same as the first. I tried MODO bass on three different songs.

Should also mention, the Start Screen doesn't pop up automatically either. When I'd rolled the pc back earlier this morning to finish my project, Start Screen worked again, so there's definitely correlation to the update.

Cheers Dave

First render.jpg

Edited by Detwoen

• 1 year later...

Hey Noel, not to hijack the thread but, after the last update i noticed that the Eq would give an error message when engaged either in the normal eq section in the left pane or in the pro channel (nothing works there).

Error message The following plugin failed to load C program Files (x86) cakewalk etc etc

Would you have an answer for this issue?

Latest win 10 version

Thanks in advance