No audio on some cakewalk projects

Eric Burnham

Question

Dear community forum,

On some of my Cakewalk projects, when I try to open them, they do open completely, but there is a rhythmic clicking and humming sound that comes from UA Apollo Twin, and there is no audio.  There is a message saying that the audio engine has dropped out, and the mouse pointer keeps cycling instead of turning into an arrow.  When I start the audio engine, nothing changes.  This happens for both simple and more complicated projects, but some projects successfully open.

I've been through all the troubleshooting steps, https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X3&language=3&help=AudioPerformance.23.html, but nothing has worked so far.

I have a new streaming computer that is very fast and powerful; it has an AMD chipset, but I'd have this same problem with my laptop sometimes.  On my laptop, the problem would just mysteriously go away after awhile.   I haven't yet tried an uninstall/reinstall; that's probably  what I'll try next.

Thank you for your help!

Eric

2 answers to this question

Don’t reinstall Cakewalk. That rarely the issue. But do download the latest drivers for the interface and install. This sounds like a driver issue. Make sure you have optimized for audio   Is the interface a thunderbolt?  There can be issues with that if you have the wrong chipset 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, John Vere said:

Don’t reinstall Cakewalk. That rarely the issue. But do download the latest drivers for the interface and install. This sounds like a driver issue. Make sure you have optimized for audio   Is the interface a thunderbolt?  There can be issues with that if you have the wrong chipset 

Thanks John!