No longer sharing drivers

sven450

Question

Howdy all.  For years I have had no issues having a project open and also being able to listen to youtube or something.  Now, after (I think) a Windows update, or possibly the most recent Cakewalk update, I can no longer share drivers.

I have a UAD Apollo Twin.  There used to be a "share drivers with other programs" but that has been replaced.  Anyone know what the new version of that option is called in Preferences?  Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk Is Not in Focus but sharing the ASIO driver should not be a problem with most Windows programs as they do not use the ASIO driver. Most use regular Windows drivers.

Those programs that can use the ASIO driver usually may be set to use Windows audio too. This eliminates the need to share the ASIO for most users.

As a rule web browers do not need access to low latency ASIO drivers unless they are being used for applications like web-based DAWs. They run fine using regular Widows drivers. Only a few support ASIO drivers.

Hello Sven450,

I also have a UAD Apollo Twin USB, but I'm having such a hard time getting this to work with Cakewalk as well as hearing Youtube... I used to use the share drivers feature.  Anyway.... I can't seem to open up any of my projects because there is some type of conflict with the device. I was wondering if you can share what steps and settings you used to get your UAD Apollo Twin USB to work on your system. I have spent my whole New Year's Eve and New Years trying to make this work.

Thank you so much in advance...