Best Service New Years Promo Code

cclarry

15 hours ago, Marshall said:

Moving from Version 2 to 5 for $79 is no brainier territory, if it’s your main DAW. As I’m on version 4, I would hope to upgrade from 4 directly to 6 for a similar price in the future. Or, I’d go to 5.x if they actually included a new feature that I could imagine using. 

I just had this conversation with Larry recently.   I use Cubase as my only DAW right now.   There are only two issues I have with Cubase - its expensive, and I have to purchase/maintain two copies.  I travel frequently, and hotels suck without something to do, so I generally do learning/music work in the evenings.  I travel with a Surface Pro, and I don't care to take my ELicenser everywhere.   So, that means I had to buy a copy of Cubase Elements.  And that cost adds up.

I actually kind of like the look of S1, and it would be nice to have the same DAW everywhere, and not maintain two copies.  That is why I bought that cheapo Epix bundle earlier this year - to get the cheap S1 2 Producer knowing I could upgrade cheaply this holiday season.  

Cubase is great for Midi and external instruments.  S1 still doesn't support patch scripts/instrument files.  And I just am now getting used to Cubase.  Do I really need another DAW?  I have just a couple hours to decide.

Quite honestly, what I should do is just go back to Sonar/Cakewalk.  :) 

Edited by husker
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, husker said:

Well, the price is now $135, so it ended early.  That makes my decision easy.

Yep, that's the same thing @InstrEdjust reported. It seems they ended the sale early in the UK, prior to the official PreSonus end at 11:59 PM CST.

PreSonus still has the offer direct for $104.97, so not as tempting... I understand that you are well situated with Cubase now.

But $79 was very close to no-brainer territory! 😂

Happy New Year!