Thinking Of You

kennywtelejazz

Nice chilled tune @kennywtelejazz with a heartfelt thought behind its theme. It has been tough since an issue that started in August last year, which was then was aggravated by the brown sticky stuff hitting the fan in early March, I have barely left the Millennium Falcon, only about 5 times.  The only people I have spoken face to face to are delivery peeps delivering our food and Ms W.   

Being a furry alien from a galaxy far far far away they have notified me I am considered at risk, because of injures along with diseases received in the course of a life defending the galaxy.  Possibly also some questionable life style choices.

Thank you for sharing your music.

• Thanks 1

An odd observation but I like the fret noise on the acoustic - because I can hear you working the instrument to get that great tone (which is superb btw) - how did you record that?

Oh and the lead isn't too shabby either 😉😂

Great job.

Andy

• Thanks 1

Life has been demanding sometimes, but I wanted get back here to say I really enjoyed this fine example of a layed back guitar tune played by a masterful player.

Yes it's been a downer lately but I see light at the end of the tunnel. Now to just get through the tunnel.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2020 at 3:56 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice chilled tune @kennywtelejazz with a heartfelt thought behind its theme. It has been tough since an issue that started in August last year, which was then was aggravated by the brown sticky stuff hitting the fan in early March, I have barely left the Millennium Falcon, only about 5 times.  The only people I have spoken face to face to are delivery peeps delivering our food and Ms W.   

Being a furry alien from a galaxy far far far away they have notified me I am considered at risk, because of injures along with diseases received in the course of a life defending the galaxy.  Possibly also some questionable life style choices.

Thank you for sharing your music.

Hi Wookiee !  thank you for giving this one a listen . I appreciate your online friendship and comments 😊

On 12/30/2020 at 7:43 AM, kurt soderquist said:

I enjoyed that. A lot of nice layers going on with some cool changes. Very relaxing vibe too.

Hi kurt soderquist , I'm glad you enjoyed ....I put a lot of subtle layers in this one  .

On 12/30/2020 at 10:29 AM, jack c. said:

nice recording job.jack c.

Thank you Jack .

On 1/4/2021 at 6:11 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Big 👍's Kenny.

Almost missed this one, page 1 is moving fast these days...

t

Thank you Tom for the thumbs up ..

Yes page one has been moving fast these days ...

I'm here to play and share my music ...thread management and all that Jazz....not so much ....

thanks for all your comments and listens

On 1/5/2021 at 12:29 PM, bjornpdx said:

Kenny,  Very good! Did you lay down the backing tracks too? I ask because sometimes you use backing tracks from elsewhere.  Whatever, I like how the layers interact so well.

HI Bjorn , this song is one of the Twanger Central weekly tracks  so yes it is a BT .

I totally rearranged the sections of the song/ BT  to my taste .

ex the whole songs structure ....verses chorus , and order of things have been changed by me .Then I EQ'ed  sections of the song /altered BT to highlight my added parts .

The layering was very important to me and there is a lot of subtle changes I did along the way to make it happen ...In sections of the song where I wanted my parts to jump I used sparse sections of the song I enlisted from  other places of the song  to allow my layers to carry some musical weight. I also played certain parts that were in the BT using my tones ...in some cases doubled and tripled ....

I took the time to do that because my guitar tones will always work in one of my Productions ( at least to my ear ) all the rest is a ?????

thank you for the listen,

On 1/5/2021 at 2:24 PM, AndyB01 said:

An odd observation but I like the fret noise on the acoustic - because I can hear you working the instrument to get that great tone (which is superb btw) - how did you record that?

Oh and the lead isn't too shabby either 😉😂

Great job.

Andy

Hi Andy , I would love to tell you how I recorded the acoustic guitar part , the thing is I didn't play it🤯 ...that was part of what the song offered me as a musical foundation to express my self over ..

FWIW , I happen to think the acoustic guitar parts sound very good..almost as good as the Shabby Lead I Played  🤣

thanks for the kind word

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2021 at 8:00 PM, noynekker said:

Hi Kenny . . . really like from the start how you made this a smooth combo of acoustic and electric GTRs . . . you have that great touch on the fretboard, really enjoyed this  ! . . . thanks for the post here. 

Hi noynekker ,

The acoustic was already there when I went to play over this track and I went through great lengths to pick and choose my guitar sounds to be complementary ...

I'm glad that you picked up on one of my most cherished guitar playing assets ...Touch ! To me touch and feel is everything ...it dictates the tone and phrasing ...

thank you for giving this song a listen .

On 1/6/2021 at 6:00 AM, garybrun said:

Nice Kenny...  missed this one in all of the posts-

Hi Gary ,

Yeah it's that time of year and there's stuff I'm playing catch up with ...like my own song thread lol

I'm glad you got the chance to listen to this one ...thanks

On 1/6/2021 at 6:07 AM, Starise said:

Life has been demanding sometimes, but I wanted get back here to say I really enjoyed this fine example of a layed back guitar tune played by a masterful player.

Yes it's been a downer lately but I see light at the end of the tunnel. Now to just get through the tunnel.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Tim ,

I know ...it's crazy out there .....

There are times when I just want to play simple and not flashy ..

I guess I'm using Music to self medicate and provide myself the feelings I would like to feel as opposed to what the world is trying to throw at me

I'm glad you came back and gave this one a listen ..thanks for the kind word

On 1/7/2021 at 10:52 AM, AndyB01 said:

Ah the joy of backing tracks - your honesty is commendable! 🙂🙂

3I4VjgS.png

On 1/8/2021 at 4:47 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Thought that was very nice and cool lead Guitar, as always!!

Nigel

Hi Nigel , thank you very much I appreciate hearing those words coming from you 

On 1/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

It's always a pleasure to hear you play, Kenny!  I think you captured the mood perfectly.  It's great to hear so many of your tunes in such a short time.

Hi Lynn ,

Yes I have put out a few in the past couple of months ...feels good ...thank you so much for the kind word, support and encouragement .

all the best,

Kenny