Your 2021 Resolution WRT software?

Bapu

Having looked into my crystal ball (the standalone version not the VST), in 2021 I will be purchasing the following;

• Music Production Suite 5 (and then later 6)
  • Komplete 14
  • Sampletank 5
  • Waves CLA Ring Ripper(the curry inspired, sphincter distortion emulator)
  • Valhalla De-Verb
  • Oeksound Grate (adds harmonics modelled on fingernails down a blackboard)
  • The updated Air Music Production Suite (Hybrid 4, Xpand! 3, LoomIII, Strike 3.5 and Transfuser 1.02)

and finally Spitfire "Amateur Dramatic Society - band and choir editions" (available with articulations for "out of tune" and "out of time")

Edited by Hatstand
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, abacab said:

I don't need Repro, or Zebra, or Diva... I don't need Repro, or Zebra, or Diva... I don't need Repro, or Zebra, or Diva...

Good to hear.

That said, I don't think I've seen as good a deal on them as they currently are at NI (lasting for just a few more days).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, antler said:

Good to hear.

That said, I don't think I've seen as good a deal on them as they currently are at NI (lasting for just a few more days).

So if I get them before this Friday, they won't count against my 2021 resolutions? 🙄

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

So if I get them before this Friday, they won't count against my 2021 resolutions? 🙄

Absolutely! And with most people saying 2020 is a year to forget, we can 'forget' the guilt of buying them and just be pleasantly surprised by the cool new toy/s in the synth collection 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Just get the one. Or two out of three. Maybe get them all to be done with. 

But don't whatever you do, use them all on the same project, unless you are hooked into a supercomputer and even then you may want to freeze some tracks 😀

• Haha 1

Well I think I may archive some little used Kontakt and EW libraries to free up disk space and to make browsing easier. 

I think I have reached saturation point in some categories and have passed up some big deals and freebies recently, but I have on occasion I have weekend, Softube's 72 synth being a recent case in point.

So no real resolutions here but I think buying when I actually have an immediate use for something even if its full price rather than jumping on deals may save money in the long term.

6 hours ago, 53mph said:

going to try demo versions before committing

I was "pretty good" at that this year, hopefully 🤞, I will continue on that path....

t

in the meantime

gas_x.jpg.1e3eb4ce5a6698c19b8cd406117c61c8.jpg

I have an Amazon subscription, and I'm constantly running out; hence the "impulse" buys I'm guilty of...

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Zo said:

Why not , seriously , we declare one month with zero purchases , Larry won t post nothing , just chill and music talk ...

Zo, that that is a good one!   Larry barely made it when he didn't have Internet connection for 10 days not to post deals.  You expect him to make it a month  🤣

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Yes if you pay by cash or check. Credit card purchases that have to be paid in 2021 do not count!  You will thank me later for saving your wallet :D

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1