Your 2021 Resolution WRT software?

Bapu

A few years ago I decided to fast from buying Music products for one whole month, a Feb or March (so after the holiday rush).  I made it through the month, but then ended up spending far more the next month catching up with sales that were still in effect/etc.  I think it would be better for me to focus on really using the things I buy.   Or even better, using the things I've already bought.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

But, but, but, what if there is a not to be missed, once in a lifetime, regret for the rest of your life that you missed it deal during that month?

Been there done that.

Then it went on sale again as a BOGO.

• Haha 6

Hard to say not to buy sw next year.

Basically I tend to buy hardware instead  

cause I already have ca.100 sw compressor aso I never use.

Next yearI will do like this year only buying no brainer like Nimbus for 26 and mixcraft for 20 bucks

• Like 1

I'm going to try demo versions before committing to registering licenses.

This year I got the Acoustica bundle on Humble Bundle with Pianissimo included. I went ahead and installed everything before checking the small print only to find out later that you can't transfer the license. I have about 20 better pianos than theirs, but I can't even give it away now.

Same with all the Magix stuff. I accidentally registered two Studio licenses by magix and I can't de-license them.

I'm good at throwing my money away.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, 53mph said:

I'm going to try demo versions before committing to registering licenses.

This year I got the Acoustica bundle on Humble Bundle with Pianissimo included. I went ahead and installed everything before checking the small print only to find out later that you can't transfer the license. I have about 20 better pianos than theirs, but I can't even give it away now.

Same with all the Magix stuff. I accidentally registered two Studio licenses by magix and I can't de-license them.

I'm good at throwing my money away.

Magix does allow you to transfer licenses...so you can off the extra one...just FYI

• Thanks 1