A Winter Solstice Carol - Happy Holidays!

Eric Brad

Resurrected this from 25 years of tinkering on various Cakewalk releases.  This is the 2002 version that I finally settled on.

Title: "Across the Longest Night"

Synths: Kurzweil K2500 and Roland JV-2080

https://www.bandlab.com/ericbrad/across-the-longest-night-11d9fef7?revId=e06d495a-6949-eb11-a607-0050f28a2802

No elves were harmed in the making of this music.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Eric

sounds good - were they "real" synths or in the box? Its just that I have a K4 Kurzweil and a Roland JX3P (real ones!) that I have just decided to use on some tracks we are doing - cant beat the sound of the real thing!!!

Nigel

Hi Nigel -

Thanks!  They were in fact the actual hardware synths.  The piece was written and produced between 1994 and 2002 and went through several iterations.  For example, I began writing it on an Ensoniq SQ-1 and Roland D-50 back in the day.  The version I posted had some minor tweaks in 2001-2002 and sounds replaced with The Kurz and the Roland JV-2080.

I've pretty much moved to all soft synths at this point but I still have the Kurz and JV if I ever want to pull them out.  I'm pretty happy with what can be done in soft synths and samplers, especially within CbB.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 11:01 AM, jack c. said:

do believe i hear Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I get that.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:10 AM, Wookiee said:

nice bass drone sweet

+ to that...

Well done Eric!

t

On 12/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, Eric Brad said:

No elves were harmed

good to know 🙃