Orange OMEC Teleport Audio Interface

southcoaststeve

It's not how i do it, but it would work.

I use a regular interface that handles guitars and mics.

To mix in pedals from my amp sim, i use an fcb 1010 pedal board. This gives me 100 stomps and 20 expression pedals that can be mapped to any fx in the daw. You get 10 banks of 10 stomps and 2 expressions on the fcb 1010, so 100 stomps and 20 expression pedals like wahs or volume pedals. You can map the expression pedals to any knob, so bass on the amp or whatever.

Your solution is basically a route through your daw with a bypass stomp. You can't turn things on and off in your daw. Just guitar signal or daw signal.

That said, it is cheap. The cheapest similar path would include both a midi device and an interface, so probably twice as expensive at least.

https://orangeamps.com/omec-teleport-manual/

This does not give output impedance data. My guess is it is not correct for direct to amp. That doesn't mean you cannot use it with your amp. It just means that your amp will react differently. It is why people use reamp boxes to change impedance when sending a guitar signal from a daw to a guitar amp.

Edited by Gswitz

From the web site-

The OMEC Teleport interface is a universal connection device (IOS, Android, Mac, PC) without any specific drivers or software requirements

That's exactly what you don't want. Low Round trip latency is what you need for Sims and that will come with  up to date ASIO drivers that come with the major brands of interfaces. 

The Focusrite solo is pretty small. 

It's inexpensive with 4ms latency. Sounds not so shabby. It could work at twice that latency if need be. I'm not trying to sell it. I'm just saying. There are lots of inexpensive interfaces that do work ok.

I once had something like this little guy...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MTrackSolo--m-audio-m-track-solo-usb-audio-interface

I used it when traveling. It worked fine.

So I'm guessing the other thing will work ok too. You don't have to spend $1000 dollars to get something functional these days. The value will go up if you spend more, but you can come in on the ground floor and learn a thing or two.

• Confused 1

Yes the Solo is great if that’s all the connections you need. But best to think of the future and make a list of what you might need. 
myself I need 4 inputs and 4 outputs and midi. 

out of the lower price interface market Focusrite Scarlett series are probably most popular and solid performance   Not to mention they give you a lot of extra goodies with a collection of free high quality VST’s   These are worth more than the interface itself 

Edited by John Vere