Syntronik $/€69.99 Krazy Deal

Peter - IK Multimedia

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm not aware of any download limits. Just the download expiration after 180 days. $10 will unlock downloads of everything in your account for another 180 days.

I had to use that option once, when I forgot to grab something from a huge bundle the first time around. It's not terrible, but it is a business model to be frowned on, as it's clearly anti-customer friendly. Right off-hand I cannot think of another company that does it this way!

You're right.  It's just the download expiration.

As for other companies that have expiration on downloads, I can't think of any as well.  However, there are small companies that limit downloads.

1 hour ago, Lionel said:

Also, I notice some companies are smarter these days... they upload their sounds/VIs to cloud services like DropBox where customers can download/re-download without being charged a fee.

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia, genuine question - has IK considered using a third party service such as Continuata Connect, or Pulse Downloader for larger files?

1 hour ago, Lionel said:

You're right.  It's just the download expiration.

As for other companies that have expiration on downloads, I can't think of any as well.  However, there are small companies that limit downloads.

True. Some only give you two or three tries. And only for a few days. As does FastSpring. 

40 minutes ago, Fleer said:

True. Some only give you two or three tries. And only for a few days. As does FastSpring. 

That seems to happen mostly with the little guys that email you a link to the download file, that's only good for a set number of tries, or for a very limited time.

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Don't let that hold you back.  I download and then archive them, so that I don't have to use IK's 
"Download" GARBAGE pay to re-download ***** system.  ANOTHER ridiculous ALL ABOUT
 MONEY - SCREW THE CUSTOMER IK Policy that makes me DESPISE their business model.

i thought the download limit only expires on free stuff. stuff you paid for does not expire. i should double check.

I quite like the sound of the Syntronic stuff. It's a nice contrast to the weaker more authentic sounding Arturia synths. Mixing the two together gives it a nice interesting texture.

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

i thought the download limit only expires on free stuff. stuff you paid for does not expire. i should double check.

I quite like the sound of the Syntronic stuff. It's a nice contrast to the weaker more authentic sounding Arturia synths. Mixing the two together gives it a nice interesting texture.

It all expires...and you have to pay to "re-activate" after a certain period of time...180 days I believe...

• Like 1