Syntronik $/€69.99 Krazy Deal

Peter - IK Multimedia

Forgive me as I didn't see this posted yet, please remove if I'm blind!

77% off IK's legendary synth powerhouse!

20201223_syntronik_krazy_deal_news@2x.jp

We all know that analog synth sounds can add some real depth and warmth to your music. We all also know that vintage analog synths can be expensive and finicky, requiring meticulous maintenance to stay in top form. Why not get those classic analog synth sounds without all of the hassle and expense? Now through January 4th, 2021, get Syntronik analog synth virtual instrument for only $/€69.99. That's 77% off!

Buy Syntronik now for only $/€69.99  

Syntronik is a cutting-edge virtual synthesizer that raises the bar in sound quality and flexibility thanks to the most advanced sampling techniques combined with a new hybrid sample and modeling synthesis engine. Syntronik includes 17 amazing instruments, available as a collection or separately, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 of the most iconic to ultra-rare and painstakingly multi-sampled vintage synthesizers. Syntronik’s synthesis engine goes well beyond traditional sampling thanks to a brand new analog modeled filter section created with the utmost expertise from IK, the pioneer in virtual circuit modeling. This is coupled with exclusive DRIFT™ technology to accurately reproduce the behavior of oscillators from real hardware synths. All of this combined with an effects section that is unrivaled in the world of virtual instruments along with advanced features like 4-part Multis, splits and arpeggiators make Syntronik the ultimate source of inspiration with the widest palette of synthesizer sounds ranging from exact reproductions of the originals to sounds never heard before that will stand out from the crowd in productions covering any genre and style.

Buy Syntronik now for only $/€69.99  

Digital download versions only. All purchases from the IK online store are subject to VAT in the EU and may vary by country. Although IK strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. IK reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability and product descriptions, at any time without notice. Sale through January 4, 2021.

• Like 2

This does seem a very good price - however I have nearly all the synths mentioned covered by either real synths or software by UVi or Arturia - the only one I don't have and it is one of the hardware synths I have tried to buy in the past, but they have simply sky-rocketed in price and are now outside my budget, is the Alesis Andromeda  - anyone tried this and could let me know how close an emulation this is - I assume as Fleer says this is Mostly developed by the guy behind the Alesis Andromeda, it would be pretty good😄

Nigel

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alex satt said:

what is total weight of it in Gb?¬¬

very heavy.  its not like Arturia.  >60GB needed for all.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/index.php?p=specs

7 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

This does seem a very good price - however I have nearly all the synths mentioned covered by either real synths or software by UVi or Arturia - the only one I don't have and it is one of the hardware synths I have tried to buy in the past, but they have simply sky-rocketed in price and are now outside my budget, is the Alesis Andromeda  - anyone tried this and could let me know how close an emulation this is - I assume as Fleer says this is Mostly developed by the guy behind the Alesis Andromeda, it would be pretty good😄

Nigel

I have the free owns they gave away OXa and Memory. I really like them. They have a lot more punch than Arturia stuff. I get the impression it's get different software than what Arturia does.

16 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I have the free owns they gave away OXa and Memory. I really like them. They have a lot more punch than Arturia stuff. I get the impression it's get different software than what Arturia does.

As far as I know Arturia are actual coded Synth VSTi's and not relying on samples which the Syntronik does, a rompler?

59 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I assume being modelled the Arturia is alot more editable/tweakable?

Indeed. And more of the look and feel of the real synths. Then again, like me, you may love the sound of sampled synths. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

I assume as Fleer says this is Mostly developed by the guy behind the Alesis Andromeda, it would be pretty good😄

Nigel

Yes, Fleer is correct! 🙂

Erik Norlander is his name (he is also the managing director of the sound production company Sonic Reality). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Norlander

Erik Norlander bio: https://eriknorlander.com/bio

Outside of the music world, Erik co-designed the UNO Synth analog synthesizer for IK Multimedia in 2018, carrying on the legacy of his design work on the legendary Alesis Andromeda analog synthesizer in the late 1990s. Prior to that, Erik was the first synthesizer product manager for Alesis Studio Electronics and presided over the creation of the QS series of the synthesizers, DM5 and DM Pro drum modules and several other products.

Moog Foundation photo essay of Erik: https://moogfoundation.org/photo-essay-erik-norlander-and-the-galactic-collective-rock-a-tribute-to-dr-bob/

Managing Director of Sonic Reality: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Reality

In 2001 Kerzner and Sonic Reality collaborated with IK Multimedia to offer the sounds he created for keyboard workstations via computer software. Producing a majority of the sound range for the first comprehensive software rompler virtual instrument called "SampleTank", Kerzner developed a plug-in for popular recording software that offers every type of sampled music instrument with built-in effects to be played via MIDI. With IK Multimedia, Sonic Reality co-created virtual instruments such as Sonik Synth, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleTron and SampleMoog

Creative Tech Nerds interview with Erik: https://creativetechnerds.jimdofree.com/ik-multimedia-uno-synth/

Erik Norlander: I created a virtual instrument with IK Multimedia called Syntronik  that we released last year.    It is based on samples of my own classic synthesizer collection combined with IK's modeling of the filters from some of the most famous models like the Moog 904a, Oberheim SEM and Roland Jupiter-8. And of course it includes IK's brilliant effects from AmpliTube, T-RackS and Sample Tank, plus a few new ones like the Ensemble effect that models the chorus-phaser of the famous ARP String Ensemble and the Roland Juno-60 synth and classic Roland string machine ensemble choruses. Throughout the development of Syntronik, we talked about how cool it would be to make an actual hardware synthesizer instead of a software plug-in. With the success of Syntronik, it was clear to us that we needed to finally venture into the world of analog synthesizer hardware.

Flashback...

An SOS article on the original hardware synth: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/alesis-a6-andromeda

Vintage Synth Explorer: http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/andromeda.php

Sweetwater Tech Notes: https://www.sweetwater.com/feature/technotes/issue5-alesisandromeda/index.php

• Like 2

Just now, Lionel said:

I really want this software.  The only thing holding me back is the download limit.  Not my favorite feature of IK software =/

Don't let that hold you back.  I download and then archive them, so that I don't have to use IK's 
"Download" GARBAGE pay to re-download ***** system.  ANOTHER ridiculous ALL ABOUT
 MONEY - SCREW THE CUSTOMER IK Policy that makes me DESPISE their business model.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Don't let that hold you back.  I download and then archive them, so that I don't have to use IK's 
"Download" GARBAGE pay to re-download ***** system.  ANOTHER ridiculous ALL ABOUT
 MONEY - SCREW THE CUSTOMER IK Policy that makes me DESPISE their business model.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll definitely do that if I buy this.

It boggles my mind why IK would have "download limits" and an "expiration timeframe" to download your software.  You're right.  That's definitely a "screw the customer" policy.  IK is a big name in the music software biz.  They shouldn't have to resort to such tactics.  Other software I use from companies like Arturia and Native Instruments do not have download limits or an expiration date.  Also, I notice some companies are smarter these days... they upload their sounds/VIs to cloud services like DropBox where customers can download/re-download without being charged a fee.  Maybe IK could do something like that?

IK, you need to starting putting the customer first.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Lionel said:

I really want this software.  The only thing holding me back is the download limit.  Not my favorite feature of IK software =/

I'm not aware of any download limits. Just the download expiration after 180 days. $10 will unlock downloads of everything in your account for another 180 days.

I had to use that option once, when I forgot to grab something from a huge bundle the first time around. It's not terrible, but it is a business model to be frowned on, as it's clearly anti-customer friendly. Right off-hand I cannot think of another company that does it this way!

6 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

its not like Arturia.  >60GB needed for all.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/index.php?p=specs

I have the free owns they gave away OXa and Memory. I really like them. They have a lot more punch than Arturia stuff. I get the impression it's get different software than what Arturia does.

I believe the extra punch is likely due to them sampling real oscillators. Of course, at the added expense of the footprint of a large sample library.

So, paired with new modeled filters to shape the sampled sounds, IKM Syntronik has a great analog sound! But they didn't model the actual synth interfaces in detail, so no detailed knob tweaking as on the original instruments. However, you can still choose from 7 filter types, cutoff, resonance and drive, control the ADSR envelopes, and adjust LFO waveforms and rate. Plus it comes with an awesome effects rack!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1