Your 2020 worst purchase ?

Christian Jones

I don't have a "worst" purchase to share, but I got slightly "chumped" on one of my favorite purchases, Sandman Pro.

In late November I remembered the $25 voucher I had for them from filling out a survey, minimum purchase $39. Since I'm getting more into in-the-box glitchy weirdness, I downloaded the trial for Sandman Pro/Instant Delay and it was love at first mix. $49, but I figured with a 15-day trial and all the sales coming up I would sit tight, worst case scenario it never goes on sale and I drop $25 on it.

Sat out the "most plug-ins $29" sale, then a few of their subsequent ones where they were putting selected products on deep discount.

Finally decided to just say the heck with it, Unfiltered aren't participating in the Dec. sales, my voucher expires on the 30th, so $24 for a pair of insanely great tools it is.

Christmas comes and goes, and I get a no-minimum voucher for $20 and Sandman Pro drops to $19.99, making it effectively free.

No skin off any body part, I paid the price of a trip for 2 to Burger King (or half the price of discount admission to Six Flags Marine World) to be able to use a great tool for 3 weeks, and I got Fault for free instead (oh did BYOME call to me).

Still, worst deal on a favorite plug-in. But considering that I got enough plug-ins for free (Including the $29 Fault) this year that I will be literally unable to explore all of them as long as I live, I'm fine with supporting one of my favorite manufacturers.

Now I hope that they don't renew that dang voucher code again so I don't have to struggle over whether to get BYOME....

21 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I think they will both be glad to see me . Milo will be happy I came to rescue him from her and she will be happy to send me out to the grocery store to pick her up another  jar of peanut butter ....

Ouch did I say that ?

Baaaddddd Kenny !

17 hours ago, 53mph said:

...and that is why no women hang out on music message boards. 😅

🤣

It almost sounds as if it was all my fault the way you quoted me ..

Good thing I have thick skin ...I would hate to be " that guy " responsible for running all the women out of every music forum ....

Kenny

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, antler said:

Both. You didn't buy a better item, so it's your best; you didn't buy an item that was worse, so it's also your worst. What was it?

😀 Actually it was SpectraLayers Pro7. And the truth is I love it!  My brother left a legacy of wonderful original music, and SL pro7 was perfect in helping me polish his work!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

🤣

It almost sounds as if it was all my fault the way you quoted me ..

Good thing I have thick skin ...I would hate to be " that guy " responsible for running all the women out of every music forum ....

Kenny

Just don't enter the forum in just the pants.