Independent automation for multi output vsti

user6808463577169165

Hi

Multiout put plugins like omnisphere.. Trillian and kontakt.. Does not have independent automation for each  channel's track

For example if I want automate an element of omnisphere in channel 2-3-4 (like cutoff-amp-hardsync and... )

I should do it with channel 1's  track...and I can't do it in each channel track

I just see this feature in studio one

And I think it's good because when we have many tracks in project

It's hard to find channel 1'track of Multi output plugins

I attach a picture for easy understanding

Thanks

omnisphere automation.jpg

By default, the synth automation is controlled by the first MIDI track. This can be changed within the Insert Soft Synth dialog, but it still going to be a single track that controls the automation.

I guess it's possible in the future to support the automation living on any of the per-output tracks, however there's absolutely no way to enforce that the automation being sent is tied in any way to the synth part that the rest of the track is playing. In other words, there would be nothing to stop track 2 automating track 1's part and vice versa.

The automation system in Cakewalk is pretty old now, but it's slowly being brought up to date. Earlier this year (shortly after we introduced per-output instrument tracks) we allowed both MIDI & Audio automation to live on the same combined instrument track - and I know that Noel has done some extensive automation improvements under the hood for the next release.

So maybe there's something we can do in the future to improve this... but we're a very small team, and there's a lot of other things in the queue.

• Like 3