Some companies suspending UK trade (could affect deals)

Vernon Barnes

3 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I have already received notification from Softube and Rhythmic Robot

Does this mean you can't buy directly from Softube, or that you won't be able to get any Softube software (even through a reseller)? [though I suspect it probably equates to the same thing]

5 minutes ago, antler said:

Does this mean you can't buy directly from Softube, or that you won't be able to get any Softube software (even through a reseller)? [though I suspect it probably equates to the same thing]

They say

Dear customers,

Firstly, a very Happy Christmas to you all!

The UK is scheduled to end it's transition period with the European Union on the 1st of January 2021, and we would like to give you all a "heads up" that there could be a very short period of time from January the 1st where we will not be able to accept payments from the UK. This is due to the fact that we are an EU company and need to have in place new tax documentation from the UK government.

We are hopeful that this will happen in good time, but just in case, please complete any purchases you were intending to before the end of the year to avoid disappointment.

This does not affect access to your owned products or the support we offer you.

We wish you all a lovely festive period.

Best Regards,
The Softube Team

So there may be a period where you can't.

• Thanks 1

Alternatively....

Dear customers,

Our end of year figures are not what we hoped they would be, so we're taking the opportunity afforded to us by Brexit uncertainty to try and panic UK buyers into buying more stuff.

We realise that this may in turn affect our sales figures next year, but we'll take the short term boost to get the boss off of our backs.

Best Regards,
The Softube Team

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Just a head up that software vendors may suspend trade to the UK for a period over the new year due to the end of the BREXIT transition. I have already received notification from Softube and Rhythmic Robot . (and in another sector a Portuguese a wine merchant I have been using).

This should only be a temporary measure while new tax regimes are implemented but if there are any deals you have your eye on it may be an idea to act quickly.

N O big deal , hit us when needed.  We buy licences and email it to you ;)  brits ...

Edited by Zo

On 12/28/2020 at 11:53 PM, Zo said:

Marketing , nah , GoV ... all the way ...

Having given the reason why I was not able to hand in my homework on time, a teacher once suggested that I should consider a career in politics because he had never before seen such a talent for speaking total BS while keeping a straight face. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1