Some companies suspending UK trade (could affect deals)

Vernon Barnes

Just a head up that software vendors may suspend trade to the UK for a period over the new year due to the end of the BREXIT transition. I have already received notification from Softube and Rhythmic Robot . (and in another sector a Portuguese a wine merchant I have been using).

This should only be a temporary measure while new tax regimes are implemented but if there are any deals you have your eye on it may be an idea to act quickly.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Just a head up that software vendors may suspend trade to the UK for a period over the new year due to the end of the BREXIT transition. I have already received notification from Softube and Rhythmic Robot . (and in another sector a Portuguese a wine merchant I have been using).

This should only be a temporary measure while new tax regimes are implemented but if there are any deals you have your eye on it may be an idea to act quickly.

Its not just tax regimes, its also way more paperwork adding to the product price of outgoing/incoming stuff.

So buying online from UK biz could cost you extra excise and so on as UK from Jan 1st is a Third country where EU is concerned. TBH that deal is so thin .. Boris and Co for internal consumption are pushing it as biggest thing since sliced pan because they have to and spinning it accordingly, dont believe the hype.

And another thing to seriously watch out for. Back around 2017 Theresa  May at a big Checkers meet of her cabinet decided to NOT INCLUDE SERVICES in any deal with EU. She only included tangible goods trade type thing. The UK economy is 80% SERVICES and 20% Goods Trade, so the latter was the sacrificial lamb so to speak.

The deal as of Jan 1st has no agreement ( only aspirations of future talks ) on how SERVICES will work between UK and EU, and in this regard all the cards are with the EU until a deal is struck on services.

This thin Brexit deal is not really good for anyone. Im in Rep of Ireland ( which has part of UK on this Island - Northern Ireland ), we know this, lots of pain on the way even with a thin Brexit deal come Jan 1st.

And as for Services eg City of London, financial, legal etc .. who knows

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 2

And now add this just breaking:

So we could now have UK after Jan 1st trading with the EU on WTO rules until deal ratified in March .. So definitely that now means Tarrifs and Excise tween the 2 because WTO insists on this across all members and all members will insist, thems the WTO rulez .. ironically one for all and all for one, so much for taking back control and pure sovereignty

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Spend before 11pm GMT ( 12 midnight CET ) on 31st December 2020 and you should be fine, and then only on immediately downloadable purchase, not something that needs shipping

Well it's only £5.00  so no real biggie. Spend  at least £10.00 (probably more) to save  £5.00. Hardly worth the effort really, since there is really nothing on my "must have" list right now..

Edited by Bapu

22 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

And now add this just breaking:

So we could now have UK after Jan 1st trading with the EU on WTO rules until deal ratified in March .. So definitely that now means Tarrifs and Excise tween the 2 because WTO insists on this across all members and all members will insist, thems the WTO rulez .. ironically one for all and all for one, so much for taking back control and pure sovereignty

EU states unanimously back Brexit trade and security deal

The post-Brexit trade and security deal has been unanimously backed by EU member states, paving the way for the new arrangements to come into force on 1 January.

At a meeting of ambassadors in Brussels, the 27 member states gave their support for the 1,246-page treaty to be “provisionally applied” at the end of the year. The decision will be formally completed by written procedure at 3pm central European time (1400 GMT) on Tuesday.

A spokesman for the German presidency of the EU, organising the bloc’s affairs, said the treaty had been given the green light.

The only obstacles standing in the way of the deal coming into force are votes by MPs and peers in the House of Commons and the House of Lords. The UK parliament has been recalled to sit on Wednesday 30 December to debate and vote on the legislation.

The European parliament is delaying its vote, to February or March, when it is hoped MEPs will return to Strasbourg to complete the formal EU ratification process

But they've ensured their off-shore accounts are untouched (bastards).  I live in Kent and believe me it's going to get bad. There are thousands of HGVs stuck up the road from me. We are a rogue plague nation. And it's embarassing (sorry all i get upset over this) maybe I should buy a plugin and bury my head in the sand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2