Torpedo CAB M+ and Cakewalk

southcoaststeve

Season's greetings, everyone.

I recently purchased the Two Notes Torpedo CAB M+ and was hoping to use it for recording purposes.

I am using Cakewalk but having trouble marrying the two - the CAB M+ is not showing as an input driver in Cakewalk's Preferences menu.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have had no trouble connecting other interfaces previously (eg Vox Amplug I/O).

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Report Edit

Yes, see page 3 of https://dl.two-notes.net/downloads/QSG_CABM_+.pdf

You can then use the 1/8" mini-jack, balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS jack outputs on the other side of the unit to send the Torpedo C.A.B. M+'s processed signal to your audio interface, mixing desk or headphones.

The mini-USB port on the device is for the Control Unit software NOT for sending audio to the PC see page 2 and 4 of the same pdf.

It really does not matter which analog output you choose from the Torpedo C.A.B. M+, it needs to go into something that digitizes the signal and sends it to the PC.

This device is commonly caused an audio interface.  There are some that look like a 1/4 to USB cable but I would budget at least ~$100 for a entry level interface rather than going the cable route.

There are not a lot of direct audio inputs on a PC and none of them are designed for DAW use.

There may be a line in or mic in that could be used but the results won't be that great. 

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a $300 direct box.

If the goal is to connect a guitar or microphone to the PC for recording in a DAW and the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ can be exchanged for an audio interface, it may be a good idea to do so.

You need an decent audio interface more than a device like the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ to work with a DAW.

3 hours ago, southcoaststeve said:

So CAB M to interface to PC rather than CAB M to PC direct?

Yes. Connect CAB M to your line in on the pc audio interface, if there is audio on your motherboard.

Then record and listen. If you're ok with the quality of the sound you simply keep doing that until you come up with an extra income to buy an usb audio interface.