Ample Bass

Randy Foster

Thanks Nigel and Jack.

I have downloaded and installed from three different sites but still cannot get it to work. I can record the Ample Bass from the Cakewalk keyboardΒ  but would really like to record some of the presets in TAB mode. I think you are right Nigel it just can't be done with the free version as I have tried for hours and hours and searched the internet for hours also. It is a fabulous sounding bass so maybe I should buy the full version.

Thanks again you guys, much appreciated.

Randy

• Like 1

Here you go. Tested this with the free version of Ample Bass P Lite II:

CW: Insert the Ample Bass P Lite as a simpleΒ  instrument track. (There are other ways to do this, but this is what I did to test)

Ample: Open "Settings", and set MIDI out to "On".

CW: Insert a new MIDI track and make sure the input is set to the Ample Bass.

Ample: Open up the "Tab" module in the Ample bass and select desired tab (note, these are not MIDI clips). Then turn on "HOST" and "SYNC" at the bottom of the Ample UI.

CW: Arm the MIDI track to record. Press the "Record" button on the CW transport.

Cakewalk will start recording onto the MIDI track as the Ample Bass performs the tab while it is in sync with the host transport. When the tab has finished playback, stop the transport. Your newly recorded MIDI clip of the tab is ready for you to work with. πŸ™‚

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

I think that the Ample Bass P Lite II is a great sounding bass. Sounds a lot like my real Fender P Bass. But it's always in tune, and never needs a string change! 😁

That is why I went ahead and bought another Ample Bass a couple of years ago when they had a sale. The full version of Ample basses offer a cool MIDI riffer module, in addition to the tab player.

I chose the Ample Metal Ray5, an emulation of the Stingray 5. It originally only came with a "picked" sample set, so it was rather aggressive sounding. Which is good when you need it. But last year Ample released a free "fingered" sample set for Metal Ray5, so the bass is now a bit more versatile 5-string.